Monday, April 23, 2007

Gatorade

Please tell me I'm not the only one that didn't know this. James laughed at me forever last night when I saw this on TV:

Gatorade was formulated in 1965 by researchers at the University of Florida in an effort to help the then struggling Florida Gators football team. Dehydration was taking its toll on the players, who were fated to contest their home games in the heat and humidity of the Florida swamp. The new beverage helped counteract the debilitating dehydration far better than pure water had, turning the Gators into an effective second-half team. Fueled by Gatorade, in 1967 the Gators won their first Orange bowl.

More about our weekend to come...

13 comments:

James M. said...

Ha ha ha, still funny to me.

jody said...

I'm married to a coach, so I guess that is why I knew this. BUT...James needs to stop laughing! I bet you know some things he does not know! Love ya'll, JoJo

swatterson said...

Yeah...I didn't know that...but now I do! So thanks!

Hannah said...

I didn't know that. Makes sense though...

Kat said...

He's making it up.

hollyfouts said...

Yes, I knew that. But I grew up in the SEC (with those gatorade drinking Florida gators).

Sarah said...

Don't feel bad - I did not know that until I saw the commercial either - I think Kev and I had a similar conversation.

Unknown said...

I had no clue either. James must be having a pretty good laugh at all of our expense. : )

Shanta said...

I learned it on the commercial this weekend!

Anonymous said...

that commercial has been running for about 2 years now... "naturally we called our stuff.. gatorade"

Julie said...

I'm going to go with yes that you might be the only one who didn't know that.

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

yes, i as well learned it on the commercial this weekend!

Amy said...

I learned it from the commercial too!