Monday, April 16, 2007

Kaitlyn's first trip to the Dentist and more...


Well - I'm an idiot. Seriously. On Friday Kaitlyn fell out of the car at Walmart. I thought she hurt her face really bad, but she was more worried about a little cut on her finger than the blood pouring from her head. Everything turned out fine - she is totally okay. Well, on Saturday I noticed a chip in between her two front teeth. I just figured that when she fell, she bumped her teeth as well. So I called the dentist this morning to get Kaitlyn in. We went in, they took an x-ray and found..... a HUGE CAVITY!! What? I felt like the biggest idiot. Especially since I did work for a dentist for a year and did not realize this is what it could be. But the main reason I feel like a bad mom is because I am NOT very strict on her brushing her teeth every night, and *gasp* sometimes I let her have a sippy cup in her bed. I know... I know. That stops tonight!!!! So, here is how rest of the appointment played out. The doctor immediatly gets a little nervous telling me what all is involved in filling a cavity on a 3 year old. He said they would give her laughing gas, then a shot, and then fill it. I wasn't too worried about it - Kaitlyn is pretty tough. But, she has never been in this situation before so I was curious to know how she would handle it. Well, too bad I wouldn't get that chance because the dentist wouldn't let me stay back there with her. I argued with him at first, but then agreed thinking he probably knew what he was doing. I called James almost in tears. I have no idea why I was crying, I guess I just wanted to witness this "first" moment in Kaitlyn's life. So, not more than 10 minutes later Kaitlyn comes literally bouncing out saying, "That was great! I love my "feeling!" (filling)." The dentist said he did give her the laughing gas, but decided not to numb it with a shot and see how far he could get. Kaitlyn was so brave - he made it all the way through with no shot! Kaitlyn had like 3 bracelets on each wrist and about 7 stickers on her shirt. She just continues to surprise me each and every day.

The rest in pictures....

We had a sleepover with our Freshman huddle girls on Saturday night. It's been awhile since I've stayed up the entire night. I'm still recovering. I had some of my friends come bang on the windows and scare them, it was pretty great. Here's the crowd:





Jody jamming out to Guitar Hero. She was awesome!


We went to Walmart at 1:00 AM to get face masks and cucumbers. Yes - 1:00 in the AM.



A Daddy and his girls. They both just love him. As cheesy as it sounds, my heart overflows with love everytime I see these girls smile at their Daddy. They both have such a sweet connection with him.







Anyone remember the red hat?



It's back!!!






10 comments:

hollyfouts said...

Glad Kaitlyn was such a big girl! She is a tough girl! Miller has been completely traumatized by the dentist. Ever since he fell at the first of this year he has had to go back every 2-3 weeks for check-ups on his tooth that was knocked loose. He hasn't even had shots or anything....just a little splint and tons of x-rays. He has to be restrained by multiple assistants (and a straight jacket) just to let the dentist look at him. I took him for an "observation only" trip to the dentist a couple of weeks ago and just let him watch while Avery and I got our teeth cleaned. I am hoping it was theraputic, and that he will let them clean his teeth next time....we have 6 months to get him prepared!

Cora is getting so big, and maybe looking more and more like her sister.

Anonymous said...

Yay Kaitlyn!!!
Umm I think cora's expression says exactly how she feels about that red hat. hehe! love ya!

campers said...

your sleepover looks like tons of fun! Danielle is one of Brent's A-high girls....love her! That girl cracks me up! ...And love the red hat!

Hannah said...

I love the red hat. It is amazing to see how much Cora has filled out! I wonder what Cora is going to say one day when she is getting married and you put the red hat pictures on her slideshow....

I am glad ya'll had fun at the sleepover! Eric said he stopped by, but Amber had already warned the girls about him. And I love the picture of Jodi playing guitar! It is such a fun game. You should have videod ya'll playing DDR though!

Kara said...

oh gosh...your blog reminds me that i haven't had my huddle slumber party yet this year. maybe i will pull the prego/infant card and back out until the fall!

Shanta said...

Very impressed with the filling story! she is a champ. Love the hat. Come see us when you're in D-town.

Jennifer K said...

What a trooper! I am glad everything turned out alright. I love the pictures of your sweet girls. They are precious!

swatterson said...

You just tell Kaitlyn that her auntie Sara has had numerous cavities in her day and I turned out OK and still have all my teeth.

Both girls are so cute and can't wait to see them soon...hopefully.

BTW-Not coming this weekend. :( boooo

Candy said...

That Kaitlyn is amazing! I heard all about the sleepover. It was a huge hit. The girls had a blast. When are those men going to have a guy sleepover?? ha! I heard Jody was amazing with Guitar Hero AND DDR. She is sooo cool. So are you. Thanks for all you do for our kids.

Jordan said...

Hey! i found your blog! haha love the pic from the sleepover. it was so much fun :)