Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Weekend and Cora at 4 months..

Just got back from the doctor and here are Cora's 4 month stats:


Weight : 18.6 pounds (gained 4 pounds from 2 months)
Height: 27 1/2 inches (she hardly grew at all from 2 months)


99th percentile in both categories!! Yeah!


In June I take both girls on the same day for Cora's 6 month and Kaitlyns 4 year appointments. They both get shots. That should be a blast.


Well.. we enjoyed lots of fun time outside this weekend. Friday night we walked over and watched an ACU baseball game. It was like a huge playground for Kaitlyn. She made 3 little friends and they took over that place. James and I enjoyed sitting outside visiting with friends and watching the game. Saturday, James took Kaitlyn to a couple of the ACU girls soccer games, and then we went to another ACU baseball game! Kaitlyn met up with her friends she had met the day before and quickly become too cool to hang out with us! It was really fun watching her run around and play. She is just growing up way too fast.


Sunday James and I got to help teach in the 3 year old class at church. That was an adventure! All the kids tried to blow bubbles "all the way up to Mr. James' head!" That was a fun game. That afternoon I literally cleaned my house for 7 hours. I wish I was exaggerating. But I finally have a totally clean house with most of the laundry done! I took a break halfway through and the 4 of us went to the park for like 2 hours! Kaitlyn has mastered the handlebars and loves doing them so much she got little blisters on her hands. We played soccer and football and discovered that Cora's new favorite thing is ice. It's so funny to watch her eat it. She LOVES it!


We had a lot of fun together just hanging out as a family. I feel really blessed to be at this stage in my life right now. I love having James as my husband. I love having 2 hilarious girls. I love our friends in Abilene. I love my job at BBBS. I love our house. I'm just happy!

Cora's new favorite thing...


The rose bushes in our back yard

Enjoying hanging out in her stroller!









8 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

aww, i love the pics of the girls! they are so sweet. y'all are like one of those cool families that plays outside...haha. I'm glad you're my friend! love you!

courtney said...

the pictures are precious! i just want to squeeze little cora's cheeks!!

lisajo said...

what sweet pictures! you definitely are going to have two heartbreakers on your hands!

Unknown said...

What absolute cuties those sweet girls are! Your rose bushes are stunning- I am majorly impressed since I can't keep anything alive....

Hollie Reese said...

Those rose bushes are amazing! I kill everything I plant!! Very impressive!!!

Amber Smith said...

Those rose bushes are so pretty! I want some of those some day. Did you plant them? Also, I love the last picture of Cora peeking out from her stroller! What a presh!

Julie said...

what a cutie!!! she's such a loveable little chunk! knowing her mom she will turn out to be a tall skinny hot thing!