Friday, February 08, 2008

Day 4, Going on 5...

Claire has decided she is just going to take up residence here at the hospital. She must really like it. She seems to be doing a little better though, which makes me very happy. However, they didn't even attempt to take her off of oxygen yesterday because she really wasn't ever at 100% even with the nasal cannula. This morning they tried taking her off of it, but that only lasted for about 10 minutes until they had to put her back on.

We also got the results back from her Echo cardiogram. Forgive me - I can't remember the technical names for anything. Basically, Claire has a hole - not in her actual heart, but in one of the passageways where blood travels to and from her heart. The doctor said it is possible, but not likely, that is affecting her current condition. If all of her flu/bronchitis symptoms go away and her oxygen levels remain low - then they will possibly do more testing.

Most likely this hole will close on it's own as her heart grows. If it doesn't, then there is a simple surgical procedure that can fix it.

We really have no idea how much longer we will be here. Hopefully just a couple more days. It really is draining, and I feel pulled in so many directions with two other kids at home.

10 comments:

hejlyeah said...

Oh honey. I'll call you a little later on. Bless everyone's hearts!

The Speck family said...

oh my word you guys- we are just reading this and PRAYING nonstop for you all....hang in there! Happy 30th James!!!

courtney said...

so sorry y'all are still in the hospital. korley was in the hospital as a small infant and it is SO draining. i'm praying for y'all and hoping you get to go home soon, and more importantly, that little claire gets better soon!

Leah said...

Goodness, it's pouring! We will be thinking about you guys. If there is anything we can do-just let us know.

Hollie Reese said...

Oh man, hang in there. We will keep praying for you and your little ones!

Jacinda said...

Poor things! I will pray that all is better soon!

Mary Beth said...

Oh wow! I just checked in and read all of this! I hope things go better for ya'll. PLEASE let me know if I can do anything. I am here in town and just a phone call away. I honestly do not mind at all and have no plans for the weekend.

Amanda said...

Oh, Leslie! I'm so sorry you guys are going through such a rough time! I'm praying that Claire will be healed very soon and you can all be together again.

annalee said...

still praying and asking God to give you guys strength, and His healing soon!

Martha said...

oh leslie. I am really praying for you. I am so sorry. May the God of all comfort surround all 5 of you. M