Friday, February 22, 2008

A few things I want to Remember

All about Kaitlyn...

* Anytime we are in the car she loves looking for "slug bugs" and "cruisers." (PT Cruisers) She is very good at spotting them. If she sees a slug bug, she also has to say the color. My favorite is when she sees a yellow one, she says "Slug bug! Yeller!

* She is absolutely in love with her sisters. She is such a big help around the house. She can even almost change a diaper by herself. This is a new thing we are working on. She is good at feeding Claire. And she loves to read to and play with Cora.

* She is a VERY big help around the house. She loves to clean the house with me - especially anything that requires dusting or Windex.

* She loves cinnamon toast.

* She actually enjoys shopping and trying on clothes. I don't know where she got this from, because I hate it.

* She is learning to read and doing very well! She reads a couple of B.O.B. books every night. She asks about Kindergarten frequently and when we can go sign her up.

* She is very into Webkinz. She has two of them that she is very good at taking care of. Chelsea and Wolfie are two of her favorite things in the world. (Even though Chelsea the Koala bear is currently missing)

* She has to color every night while I dry her hair. It has to be with a marker.

* She has started a snow globe collection. She calls them snow glows.

* She is just growing up so fast and we are so proud of her!

All about Cora......

* She also loves her sisters. She gives Claire kisses on the head all of the time. (I have a cute video of this that I need to try to post)

* Her words now are mommy, daddy, baby, sissy, Pappy, Mamaw, Nana, No, Bye-bye, please, thank you, pat-pat, Brenna, uh-oh. Not all very clear, but understandable!


* She loves to curl her tongue and chew on it.

* She is very good at taking off her socks and shoes in the car.

* She loves to "brush" her teeth, or have her teeth brushed. Or just chew on the toothbrush.

* She is getting a lot of teeth right now.

* One of her favorite things to do is take a cushion (always the same one) off of the couch and jump on the couch where the cushion was.

* She LOVES looking at books. She will bring a book to me (or anyone) and then just turn around and sit on my lap and wait for me to read it.

* She loves to sit on her pink bean bag and watch Baby Einstein movies.

* Her favorite toys to play with are a Tylenol bottle and a teething tablet bottle.

* She is still taking 2 good naps a day, which I LOVE.

* She loves to play chase around the house - this makes her laugh really hard. Her little laugh is so cute.

* She is the pickiest eater. I don't know how she stays so fat. She really only drinks milk and eats yogurt. Vegetables are the hardest to get her to eat, and she really won't eat fruit that much either. She does like Nutri grain bars and gold fish and bread. I hope she learns to like other things soon! What does/did your one year old like to eat?

All about Claire.....

* Little miss Claire got SPOILED rotten in the hospital. She was pretty much held for 6 days straight and now she thinks that's the norm. She doesn't like to be put down too much. Once we get her to sleep it's about a 50/50 shot at getting her to stay asleep once we do put her down.

* I think she is going to have big blue eyes like Cora.

* She sometimes likes her paci, but she is not, by any means, attached to it. She has also found her thumb a couple of times.

* She is a tummy sleeper - just like Kaitlyn.

* She is starting to smile more and more. It's funny to hear Kaitlyn talk to her in a real high pitched voice. She smiles a lot at that.

* She's a good eater! She is eating about 5 ounces every 4 ours or so. Her longest stretch at night so far has been about 7 hours. Not too bad.

I love our girls so much, but I am one tired momma. I did start back at the gym last week, so I'm hoping my energy will start to pick up. I've got some serious weight to lose before my brothers wedding in July.

The past few weeks we have enjoyed play dates with friends, Kaitlyn has started playing her second season of soccer, lots of trips to the doctor, a few shopping runs with all 3 kids, a couple of ACU baseball games, basketball games, and family walks on Sunday afternoons.

Sweet girl...

The fake cry...

kaitlyn reading to cora.. I love the expression on her face



what kaitlyn can do to cora when i'm not looking. she is ready to go with her backpack, her necklace, her lipgloss... and oh yeah - the laundry basket.

Baby Claire..



4 comments:

hejlyeah said...

Awww ... so good to hear about your girls. Miss you!

Katie said...

So precious!!!
Glad you updated. I love your girls so much! Sorry I haven't been around. Maybe when I am a real person and not thinking about school 24/7!
Love you!!

jennyc said...

All your girls are precious! My Colton loves to play with the teething tablet bottle, too. :)
It's the small things that bring such joy! When I start to get tired, I'll think of you and your 3 little ones! Wow! What a woman!

Martha said...

That was a fabulous post and it is so great to write it down so you will always remember. I totally know about being tired and wanting to lose weight. I have only been a mama of three for 6.5 months but really it seems to get easier and you hit a rhythm.I am still looking to hit the laundry/ keep the house picked up rhythm but I figure that pretty soon, I should. hang in there and just pray all day long. That's what I do. Talking to Him is the best medicine for me. Blessings! I love reading your blog! M