Saturday, February 09, 2008

Day 5

It is such a beautiful day outside today! I am sitting on my little bed in the hospital room with the sunshine spilling in on me.... I kind of feel like I'm outside! Little Claire is asleep next to me in her Pappy's arms snoring away. Or maybe it's congestion. I don't know.

This floor of the hospital is completely FULL of sick babies with the same stuff Claire has. It's so sad to walk down the hall and hear all the tiny little cries. It's just not right I tell you!

The doctor made rounds today and things are a little bit better (I think). Her chest is beginning to sound less "crackely." She is just on a tiny bit of oxygen - I think the lowest setting. But still, everytime they take her off her level drops within the hour. It's so strange to me that 1/16 of a liter of oxygen - hardly anything - can make such a difference to such tiny lungs.

She is also struggling with her feedings. After every other feeding she throws up. And I'm not talking about a little spit up on my shoulder. She coughs and coughs and coughs and then throws up everything in her little tummy.. until there is just nothing left. Not sure what this is all about...

So, we wait. I have taken some really sweet pictures of her up here (I think her hospital gown is really cute), but James won't let me post them on here... you can take that up with him.

Thanks for thinking of us!

9 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

We are thinking of you guys, and praying, and hoping that you are home again very soon and are blessed with healthy kids the rest of the year!

Is Kaitlyn better from the flu yet?

leslie said...

Quick update on Kaitlyn:

She threw up again this morning. I just called home to check on her and she has been asleep for almost 4 hours. She has lost just about 5 pounds in a week. Yikes!
Hopefully she will feel better soon as well!

Cortni said...

Oh Leslie...

I am just now catching up on the blogging world. I am so sorry about sweet little Claire. We will be praying for a quick healing for her!! (And for Kaitlyn too!)

Love you friend!

hollyfouts said...

Poor Mrs. Mayo. I promise 3 kiddos won't always be so difficult! Hope everyone starts getting better real soon! We are praying for all of you.

The Speck family said...

We are PRAYING for sweet Claire to be off that nasal cannula soon, for her feedings to go MUCH better, and for you all to be home and healthy under 1 roof together SOON. Bless all your hearts- we are with you in spirit and wish that we could be there to hug your necks! Kell, Trav & Bennett

Kylie said...

my prayers and thoughts are with yall right now. Hope Claire will get better soon!

hejlyeah said...

Yikes! Still there. Man, I hope things turn around soon.

Martha said...

We are still praying. Hospitals are hard places even more so with babies. Know that we are praying all day for you all.

I understand about not posting pics. I felt the same way when our girls were in the hospital. I think it's a protective thing. We will look forward to seeing happy healthy pics in the near future. M

Kelli said...

Hey girl,

Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm praying for healing for the girls, and protection and energy for you and James. Keep us posted! :)