Thursday, February 07, 2008

Update

Well, we are still here. We're not going home today. Claire is still about the same. Her little lungs just still can't get the oxygen that she needs yet. It doesn't sound like we can go home until she is completely off oxygen for 24 hours. The doctor is pretty sure she has the flu and bronchitis. Not too fun for a 2 1/2 week old. Today they have just still been giving her breathing treatments and sucking out her nose and throat (not a fun thing to watch). We are still waiting on resuls from the Echo-cardiogram that they did yesterday. Thanks for your prayers!

Kaitlyn and Cora are doing okay. Kaitlyn is still running a fever and threw up a little bit this morning. Hopefully she will start feeling better soon. My mom and grandmother are here helping out - I seriously don't know what I would do without them here!

BTW - James turns 30 today. I wanted today to be really fun for him, and I'm not sure how that will happen. So, leave him a birthday wish!

5 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Praying for you guys!

James, welcome to the thirty-somethings! Hope you are able to have a good day and hopefully all this junk will wind down a bit soon for you guys.

Thanks for keeping us updated, I will be praying for you all

Susan

annalee said...

still praying for little claire, and all of you.
i hope your birthday has surprise moments of blessings throughout the day.

Kristen OQ said...

Oh my! I am saying a prayer right now for Claire, Kaitlyn, and the rest of you. I know it is so scary to see your baby in the hospital, especially one so tiny. Keep us posted...

And Happy Birthday James -- welcome to the 30's club!

Martha said...

Keith and I are praying for you all. I know it is so hard to have a sick little one. Hang in there. The Lord is fighting for you even though you can;t see Him. Praying all day for you. M

Jennifer K said...

Sweet Claire! I hope that your family gets well very quickly.

Happy Birthday, James!!