Friday, January 06, 2006

Back to School & Goals for the New Year

Well, the end of my first week back at work after the holidays is almost over! I love Fridays. Work has been really busy this week - tons of emails, and lots of phone calls - I'm ready for another break!

Kaitlyn got to go back to school today for the first time in over 2 weeks. (Why they start back on a Friday, I have no idea). I was curious as to how she would handle going back, but she was SO excited. James called me and said he has never had to get her dressed and ready so fast before. He said she literally ran into her classroom, and when he left her, she was just sitting at the table laughing. I guess she was getting a little bored of hanging out at home with mom and dad. I mean, we're fun - right? It does make me feel good to know that she is going to a place that she likes and that she misses when she is not there.

I also thought I would take this opportunity to record my goals for the New Year. Not just because everyone else is doing it, but so that in a year I have something I can literally look back on and see if I held up to them or not. So.. here goes:

1. Stop biting my fingernails. I got some stuff I'm supposed to rub on my cuticles for Christmas - maybe that will help.

2. Read my bible WAY more than I do now. I can read "Christian" books all day long, but I really just need to spend my time in the Word itself. I would love to memorize the book of James.

3. Become a more patient mom and a more self-less wife. One of my struggles is after being at work all day long, I just long for time by myself to do what I want. I really need to quit being selfish and spend more quality time with James and Kaitlyn during the week.

4. Eat healthier. I think I have finally got the exercise part down - but what good is that doing me if I just eat junk all day long?

5. Add on to our family. I realize I'm not the one in control of this, but I would really like it if Kaitlyn could have a brother or sister!

I'm sure I could make a much longer list, but those are the main ones.

Here is to Fridays and to 2006!!!

6 comments:

Shanta said...

Seems to me you've already memorized the book of James...

hejlyeah said...

Crazy, but seriously my goal for the next few months is ALSO to memorize James and say it to Coop. I love that book of the Bible. It makes the most present-day sense to me.

MereMoore said...

those are awesome goals but you can't completely give up junk mail! hey-send me your email again to my email b/c it is saved wrong or something-i don't think you are getting me emails!? Miss you-can't wait for Kaitlyn to have a baby bro or sister!!!hsqyh

Anonymous said...

OMG Leslie!!! Of course I would LOVE to see a pic of your bro :) my email is melodyaforest@yahoo.com !!!

How was the movie? I wish yall could have stayed the whole time at my sister's but Im glad yall were able to come for a while!

Sam said...

sounds like you guys had a pretty tiring holidays. I am glad to hear that everything is getting back to normal.

swatterson said...

Great goals Leslie. I need to set some. And I definitely need to read the bible more.