Friday, January 27, 2006

Friday!

Today is Teacher Sheryls last day to teach Kaitlyn. She will be switching to another day care center. This has really made me sad! Kaitlyn talks about her all the time, always wants to take her a donut in the morning or color her a picture. She always runs right in to class and gives her a hug. She missed school Monday and Tuesday of this week b/c she was sick. My parents were in town on Wednesday morning, so they went with me to take her to school. I thought Kaitlyn would not want to go since Mamaw and Pappy were there, but she went straight to Sheryl. She is wonderful with all of the kids in her class. They did the neatest crafts. She has been so patient with Kaitlyn through her "stages." Sheryl has probably spent more hours with Kaitlyn than I have. She has been very instrumental in who Kaitlyn is, and I am so thankful for her. I wish her much luck as she begins a new stage in her life, but she will be missed by many!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James's good friend Cliff is staying with us for a couple of days while he speaks at a conference here at ACU. I think Kaitlyn is in love with him. She has always loved older men - I don't know what it is. Especially guys with beards. And man does Cliff have a beard. It's awesome. I'll try to get a picture of them together. This morning Cliff was sitting at our kitchen table with his computer getting things ready for his presentation. James told Kaitlyn that she could sit in there with him, but no talking because he was working. So, Kaitlyn goes into her room and gets her toy laptop. She set it up right next to him, didn't say anything and just began "working." It was so cute. It would have been a very funny picture, but of course the batteries were dead on the camera.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read this headline this morning: "Should Brad and Angelina get married? Of Course! Then the gossip can start about divorce!"

Seriously? This was kind of wake up call for me and my love for Hollywood news. I love looking at People magazine, US Weekly... anything of the sort. And I don't really think there is anything wrong with that - but why was that quote a LEAD headline on MSN? What does that say about our society? What does that say about how marriage is viewed? There are many, more important topics to write about. I could go on and on about this, but I'll stop there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's Friday! Kaitlyn and I may head to Ft. Worth. My Papa is in the hospital. He fell this week, broke his hip and had surgery on Wednesday. He could use some cheering up! Plus, it would be fun for Kaitlyn to play with her cousins for awhile.

Hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend! Say a quick prayer for baby Seth O'Quinn. You can read about the latest at
www.theoquinnfamily.blogspot.com


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl- TGIF! What a blessing that Kaitlyn has had such a great teacher-I'm sure you guys will miss her. Kaitlyn and her laptop is just too cute- that girl has such personality, I love it. Has Mere told you the wild/memorable Palmer story from Christmas? Be sure to ask her....you will crack up.

courtney said...

It's so great that Kaitlyn has such a wonderful teacher. My daughter loves her teacher, too. It makes me happy and takes a little of the guilt of being a working mom away!

Kristen OQ said...

Thank you for your prayers for us this week, Leslie! We appreciate it.

Now a prayer for you, James, and Kaitlyn...I hope that the Lord will send Kaitlyn a teacher that thinks she is the greatest little girl in the world (like a lot of us do!)

Sam said...

Is this the Cliff of Nunnally fame? If so, What is he doing in Abilene? Do you guys have Clay's e-mail? If not, ...have a nice day