Monday, January 09, 2006

Weekend rundown...

Man, I am TI-RED this morning! Monday mornings usually hit me pretty hard. We had a really enjoyable weekend just being at home and not having any big plans. Friday night we took Kaitlyn to Chucky Cheese - she loves that place. Expensive food, but each ride/game is just one token, so that helps! The bigger winner of the evening was James, however, winning about 80 something tickets on this game where you have to push a button right when it lights up on the Jack Pot. I was pretty impressed! For her prizes, Kaitlyn picked out some rubbery fish and lizards, 3 packages of Smarties, a purple bracelet, and some airplane toy.

Saturday the weather was SO pretty! I got up and went to Body Step (my new favorite class). When I got home James took down the Christmas lights while Kaitlyn and I picked and ate some pecans. I tried to help James with the lights, but I wasn't "wrapping them right," so I had to quit. Sorry... I didn't know there was a certain way! But, when he was all finished - they did look very neat and organized!
For lunch we went and got some chicken and had a picnic at the park. We took some bread to feed the ducks - but there were so many birds - they were huge and white. They looked like sea gulls, but I don't know if they were. Anyway, we fed them instead. James picked out his favorite one that he fed. This particular bird was pretty awesome. It would catch anything in mid air that James threw to him.

After our picnic, we played at the park for a good while - playing a couple of games of follow the leader. This is one of Kaitlyn's favorites.

Saturday night we had dinner over at our neighbors house. Kaitlyn loves playing with Kelly, their 3 year old daughter. They got a trampoline for Christmas, so Kaitlyn was in heaven jumping on that thing! We had a good time cooking out hamburgers and getting to know them better.

It was good to be back at Highland on Sunday! We still aren't having classes until next Sunday - I'm ready for those to start back up! After church 30 of us went to Olive Garden for lunch. Yes - 30 people! It was one of the girls in our class birthday - and her husband made reservations for our whole class to go. We had a really fun time, but Kaitlyn was so hyper and would NOT stay in her chair. This gets annoying VERY fast! She played with her friend Emma most of the time though - so I can't complain too much!

Sunday night I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned some more!! I got the bathrooms shiny and organized, floors swept and mopped, dishes done, and furniture dusted. That's always a good feeling when you finish.

I was then so excited because there was a new Gray's Anatomy on TV, but then it turned out to be an hour clip show. Disappointing. Next week looks good though!!

Have a good Monday! (I'll post some pictures of the weekend tonight or tomorrow)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Chuck-E-Cheese is the best.....to bad it's been ages since I've been there. Sounds like you guys had a great weekend of Mayo family fun! Monday mornings are always rough for me too....

courtney said...

My four-year-old hates Chuck E Cheese. She likes the concept, but is scared to death of the actual "Chuck E"...and his band. We drive by Chuck E Cheese almost everday and the other day when we drove past she said, "Mommy, I just don't belong at Chuck E Cheese." Ha!

mcjacobsjournal said...

What a fun weekend! I love taking the girls to Chuck E Cheese...adn I secretly LOVE the pizza. I know, I'm weird.

I'm glad y'all had so much family fun. It's funny that your blog sounds more like a weekend in late April than early January! But, that makes it much more fun.

Sam said...

Again, Inever thought I would write this:
"I wish I lived in Abilene, ther is nothing to do here in Washington DC"

It sounds like you guys had Bailey's ideal weekend. I will have to make sure that Emille NEVER reads this post.

Amy said...

Feeding the ducks--I thought y'all were supposed to do that when Kaitlyn's not around.

Amber Smith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.