Monday, January 23, 2006

Yada, Yada, Yada

Here is what we did this weekend for all of you that care... However, if James is right - all of you are bored with this blog and I am writing this just for myself. Either way... here is what occupied our time Friday-Sunday.

Friday night: I went to Body Step at 5:30. Yes, I'm the loser that works out on a Friday night. The teacher came up to me afterward and said, "I have really enjoyed having you in my class. Your facial expressions are just so animated." Hmmmm.... Good or bad?

After working out I ran home to quickly change clothes, pick up the family, and head to the ACU bowling alley for some non-stop fun and excitement with our good friends Clayton, Felicia, Amanda and David. We had the lanes to ourselves and the girls lane was fully equipped with the bumper things. (There are some advantages to having a 2 year old on your team). They even had cute little bowling shoes that were just her size. She called them her "special kicks." She did pretty good throwing her ball down the lane!

Saturday: An awesome day filled with shopping with Erica!! I was so excited to spend as much time as I wanted just hanging out going to fun stores that I don't go to very often. We had a great lunch at Beckers Loft in the middle of our trip. I was pretty disappointed that the only thing Erica bought was some wallpaper paste, but she was great company! (And if you saw the wallpaper the former owner had up in their kitchen, you would be buying anything to get it off) She has such a good eye for decorating.. their house is already so cute.

Oh - but before I left to go shopping we spotted a mouse in our house!!!! YUK!!! Hopefully the 37 traps we set out will get the whole family. I'll keep you posted on that situation....

Saturday evening Kaitlyn went with me to get some grocery shopping done. The girl LOVES Walmart. Just wait until she experiences a Super Target.....
While there, she got to pick out a new fish. Gill, our previous fish lived for quite a while, but passed on not too long ago. So, she got to pick out a new one. She named him Jesse. He was dead before morning. She had no problem with this. She noticed he wasn't moving so she came into the living room and said, "Jesse is still sleeping. I need to go to Walmart and get another fish that swims around." She helped James flush it down the toilet. According to Nemo, all drains lead to the ocean, so she had no problem with it.

Sunday: Got another fish, whom she named Treith. Pronouned Treeth. I have no idea where she came up with this. I tried to change her mind about the name plenty of times. It had to remain, Treith. (If that is even how you spell it.) Treith the fish was dead this morning. What is the deal?!? No more fish for awhile.

IT RAINED!!!!! I'm not gonna lie, I almost started crying in the middle of the night when I woke up and saw lightening and heard the rain outside our window. On the way to church Kaitlyn said, "Thank you God for the rain!" So sweet. Sunday afternoon we were L-A-Z-Y. We all took naps. I love naps. Sunday night I went to a fun surprise dinner for a good friend at Abuelos. The best Mexican food ever. And fun times with friends!

In the middle of all this madness, James and Kaitlyn are not feeling good. They both have horrible coughs. Kaitlyn has not slowed down one bit, so I hesitated to even take her to the doctor. But, today I took James and Kaitlyn both to the doctor. They both have viral bronchitis. Fun!! Kaitlyn LOVES Dr. Martin. She laughed and laughed when he looked in her ears and her nose. When he was finished looking at both of them she walked over and gave him a hug and a kiss on his hand. Too bad he had just sanitized them. Oh well.

Hopefully they will feel better soon!! Have a good week!

13 comments:

Sara said...

Sounds like a great weekend to me. As you know, I love reading even the silly stuff. Can't wait to see you this weekend!

swatterson said...

I care! Keep posting. Sometimes I get behind on my blog reading but I loving going back and catching up! Hope everyone in your fam gets well soon!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

ohhhhhhh stupid flirty boys. can't live with em, can't live without em. I just wish they would make up their mind quick.

Unknown said...

I love your blog! Don't ever stop writing......plus, your kids are going to love reading about Jesse and Treeth one day! I don't handle any form of rodents/insects in the house, so I hope yours is gone soon! When we had ants in our first Dallas apt, the only thing we had to kill them was Windex- I was totally the dad from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" spraying them with Windex 24-7........thankfully we soon grew brains and found RAID.

Anonymous said...

Yay for the longest entry ever...Pretty much it is fabulous working with you! Bye, Wesley!

Shanta said...

good entry. James must have been coming down with bronchitis when he said it wasn't interesting. I think I am 3000 of the 9000 visitors you have had. I'm always waiting with baited breath to see what adventures the mayo's have had lately. Please do not post a picture of the mouse trapped in the death vice. I do not want to yak all over my desk at work. Not very professional.

Amber Smith said...

A mouse!!!! We had a rat in our first house. I thought I was going to die!! I left town for a week until Josh killed it. I was pregnant with Major at the time and the thought of a rat in my house made me want to puke even more than I already was.

Alyssa said...

I loved having goldfish when we were little. We had several fish who died... but one named UT Longhorn lived for quite a while... until I filled the water too high... and it jumped out of the bowl and Ashley accidently stepped on it. I am glad you had such a fun weekend~

Unknown said...

I like reading about your life also! I find you guys very entertaining. :) Good luck with the mouse! I hear that mice try to come in for water when it is dry outside. My first memory of moving to Texas when I was 4 was of the builder of our house telling us to make sure we shut the toilet lids because he had found mice drowned in the toilet trying to get a drink of water. I have always kept the lid on the toilet shut since then! We did live kind of in the middle of nowhere then, so hopefully that won't happen here in Abilene.

Erica said...

I hope James and Kaitlyn are feeling better. Mostly I hope they do not pass it on to you. I had so much fun on Saturday...thank you for stepping up and being such a great friend to us since we moved. we truly are blessed.
Sorry about the fish...poor Kaitlyn.

Becky Martin said...

I'm all for the daily updates of whatever is going on in your life. I can just imagine you fish shopping at Wally-World or smelling the Abilene rain! It's never boring! I need to go bowling again, it's been a long time and I'd better put that ACU bowling class to good use - I paid good money to learn how to put on used shoes!

hejlyeah said...

I like reading this. Don't stop, because I suck at it!

Anonymous said...

Are you doing Sing Song face in your workouts?