Friday, July 22, 2005

The ACU hug

There is something about an "ACU hug" that just makes you feel good. Fellow ACUers know what I'm talking about. It is not uncommon to walk across campus and hug 10 people. It's just what you do when you see someone you know! They're just special. That is one of the biggest things I have missed about ACU.

I walked over to the campus center a few minutes ago in hopes of getting their version of a Starbucks frappucino. I was disappointed when I found that they were closed, but in my walk over there and back to my office, I got two huge ACU hugs. The first was from a friend from school that I had not seen in awhile, Jason Booker. He is here leading a group at a camp that is wrapping up today. He saw me and let out a huge (and very loud) "Whaaaaaaaats Uuuuuuuuup?!?!?!" He sat down the three boxes he was holding and gave me "the hug."

About 5 seconds later I ran into Bob Strader. King of all huggers. I immediatley smiled when I saw him and his huge straw hat that he wears every day. He won't LET you walk by him without giving you a hug. It just makes you feel good.

Hugs are important. Some people say you should get/give 7 hugs a day. So, hug the people you love today. And you have the guts, give someone you know a hug that you typically wouldn't. It just might make their day. (Or they may look at you like you're a huge freak) But I think it's worth a shot.

2 comments:

James M. said...

You know you better give me details about this Booker incident when you get home and greet me with an ACU hug

hejlyeah said...

Love those ACU hugs and miss those ACU friends! I wanna go back!