Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Weekend in review...

I've got to find a better way to post pictures on this thing....











AHHHHHHHHH!!!! I just typed this huge long blog about the weekend. My computer was acting kind of slow, so I clicked the refresh button. BANG. Deleted. I really don't want to type all of that again. I'll give it a try....

I didn't get to type about my weekend on Monday b/c James really wanted to blog about the paci. Anyway, on Friday night we rented Million Dollar Baby. Such a good movie. Man, that girl was tough! I could take her. Saturday all three of us slept until around 9:30! Thats right, 9:30. That hasn't happened in like....ever. When we finally pulled ourselves out of bed we cooked pancakes and sausage for a late breakfast/early lunch. Then we decided to take Kaitlyn downtown to walk around. There are a couple of pretty water fountains that we thought she would enjoy splashing around in. While we were walking down a pretty vacant street, I look over at a parked car and discovered a clown sitting inside. It about scared the tar out of me. I seriously jumped. I don't know if I just wasn't expecting it, or if I have some hidden fear of clowns that I was just made aware of. Anyway, he gets out of his car and proceeds to make a balloon in the shape of a bear for Kaitlyn. She thought it was the greatest thing ever. I was still trying to get my heart rate down. Only in Abilene.....

Saturday afternoon we went swimming at one of the city pools. Kaitlyn had fun splashing around in the kiddie pool while James took part in the diving board contest. He showed all the other boys and girls how big of a splash he could make doing a cannon ball. Nice.

The rest of the weekend was pretty relaxing. We really enjoyed spending time with just the three of us. We talked alot, laughed alot....and just had fun together.

2 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

Cute pictures...looks like she likes the pool like Sam does.

hejlyeah said...

LOVE the pool. My kinda girl! Good luck with the paci.