Thursday, July 28, 2005

Tag, You're It

This is another one from Kristen.

What I was doing 10 years ago
July 1995

It was the summer before my junior year of high school. I have a really bad memory. I'm sure I went to camps....Encounter at LCU and possibly Pine Springs. I think that was the last summer with our awesome youth minister Bobby Hise, before he retired. I was probably playing in a summer basketball league. My mom and brother have a much better memory than me, and if they read this maybe they can think of other things we did. I'm sure it was a fun summer!

Five years ago
July 2000

I was living in Dallas, doing my practicum at Scottish Rite Hospital. One of the greatest experiences I've had. I worked in the Child Life department. Basically, I got to plan all of the play room activities for the kids, go play cards or Nintendo games with them in their rooms, read with them, etc. I loved it, and would someday hope to go back to that. It was also a fun summer dating James. This summer was really the only time we lived in the same city until we got married. I lived with a lady named Dot. She had just had total knee replacement surgery on both knees, so in exchange for taking care of her we (my friend Susan and I) got to live there for free. James and I went on lots of fun dates.

One year ago
July 2004

We were living in McKinney. Kaitlyn had just turned one. We enjoyed a fun luau birthday party for her at our neighborhood swimming pool. I had just starting working for Dr. Mitchell as her dental assistant. My good friend Meredith Moore was the hygenist, and we had a good ole' time!! We enjoyed hanging out with our friends from church. Kaitlyn loved going to her gymnastics class on Tuesdays with Hannah. James was working at Eliane Ceramic Tile. I was kind of getting the feeling that I wanted to move to a smaller town....

Yesterday
July 27, 2005

Living in Abilene!! We love it here. It has been the best thing for our family. Yesterday I worked all day in the admissions department at ACU. I went to lunch with 3 really fun girls. Shout out to Sara, Tamara and Darby!! It was cool and rainy. I walked over to the campus center and bought a book that I have been wanting to read, Blue Like Jazz. I also bought a Jeremy Camp CD. Last night I cooked a gourmet meal of mac and cheese, smoked saugage and apple sauce. Random, but Jameses favorite meal. After Kaitlyn went to bed, I walked over to the ampetheatre and enjoyed a Kadesh devotional. I can always hear them singing from our front porch, so I decided to venture over there. It was really good and uplifting to watch these high school kids and camp counselors on their "spiritual high" from camp. I wish we had the discipline to feel that way every day.

5 Snacks I enjoy:

York peppermint patties, popcorn, fresh fruit, oreos and milk, cajun cones shaved ice

5 things I would do if I won $100 million dollars:

Just 5 things? Pay off all of our debt, buy a house, travel, quit working, give to church and our friends that are/will be missionaries.

5 Locations I would run away to:

I would love to visit Hawaii, Canada, New England, Europe, Figi.

5 Bad Habits:

Biting my fingernails, leaving clothes everywhere but hanging up in my closet, not praying enough, doodling while I'm on the phone (is that bad?), locking my keys in my car. That happens at least once a month.

5 Things I like doing:

Reading blogs, reading People magazine, playing with Kaitlyn, watching movies with James, spending time with girlfriends.

5 TV shows I like:

Alias, Lost, Oprah, Alias and Alias

5 Things I hate doing:

Dishes, paying the bills, laundry, picking up Roly Polies (they are all over our house for some reason), shaving. (Can you tell that I'm somewhat lazy?)

5 Biggest Joys of the moment:

Enjoying the happiest I have ever been in our marriage, listening to Kaitlyn talk and sing, making new friends and loving our church, my Grandmother coming to visit, Kaitlyn got up happy, got dressed happy, got in the car happy, and went to Rainbow school happy!!!! :)


Now, you are tagged!! Reply back a comment and tell me some of your interesting facts!!

3 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

Although I am not an Alias fanatic like some of you girls are (Alyssa, Meredith, etc.), here is a link I saw yesterday that might interest you girls about next season.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=197448

Enjoyed reading your list!

MereMoore said...

UGH! Ok, don't know how I feel about the Alias Prego nonsense-still a little mad at Jen for that one.
Loved your list too-I'm so glad you are so happy!

hollyfouts said...

yep, I'm blogging. It all started because of Casa de Mayo and The O'Quinn Family. You guys sucked me in, and it's alot more fun than the things I should be doing right now. We miss you so much. But I am happy to hear that yall are happy and doing so well. At least now I can keep up with what's going on with your family!