Thursday, July 14, 2005

Holy, Holy, Holy

James had to stay home from church last night because he had to take a defensive driving course online. (This is for his job, not because he got a ticket - thank goodness.) So, Kaitlyn and I went alone. On the way to church Kaitlyn said, "Sing Holy, Holy, Holy mommy." First of all, she rolls her tounge excessively when she says her L's, so hearing her say Holy, Holy, Holy was pretty funny in itself. Second of all, where in the world did she hear that song? I mean, I don't know about your church, but at any church I've ever been to, that is not your typical children's bible class song. And I sure haven't sang it to her! So, during the time that I am thinking about how in the world she has heard the song, she continues to ask me to sing it. So, I bust it out. (Trying to remember the correct words.) I sang the first verse, and she said "That was pretty mama." Thanks Kate. I needed the encouragement. I felt kind of weird singing that mature song to her. I'm used to ABC's and fuzzy caterpillar, not Holy, Holy, Holy! I had to sing it two more times, and then she was satisfied. Or maybe she was just like, "Mom, seriously, you've got to learn how to sing."
So, when I got home I told James about it. To my utter shock and amazement, he is the one that has been singing it to her. Coming from a guy whos CD collection is mostly Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre, that is pretty impressive. Thanks daddy. Next time I'll ask Kaitlyn to have you sing it to her.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a cute story...I love reading this blog of yours. We are anxious to see you guys on Saturday night at the McClure's house.

Becky Martin said...

Leslie,I have to say that you are such a good writer. I love the way that you tell your stories and what you include in your posts. It's always fun to click to your page and see the latest from the Mayo household!

Anonymous said...

We all miss you guys-It was fun to have you here this weekend-I only wish we had been able to spend more time with you. I miss you EVERY single day at work - but I am happy that you two have found happiness and peace in Abilene. Keep writing us and keeping us posted on little Kaitlyn! Love, Mere

hejlyeah said...

Man, I hope I'm as good of a mom as you.

James M. said...

Just for the record, my CD collection also has Tu Pac, Outkast, The Allman Brothers and Van Morrison.