Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A Few Things About James

I love stealing ideas off of other peoples blogs. This one I saw first on Hollys then on Kristens. So without further adieu, here is James:

~ His love for rap music is absolutely insane. He can tell you anything about any rapper or song.
~ He loves Coke. REALLY loves it.
~ He is 6'7" and has to duck in every room of our house b/c the ceiling fans are so low.
~ Because he is 6'7", I can wear any shoes I want and still be shorter than him.
~ He can't play basketball. But he can kick by butt in soccer or air hockey any day.
~ He loves kids.. so much that he would coach a girls soccer team, even though his own daughter wasn't on it.
~ He is addicted to CSI. Some of his other favorite shows are the Chapelle Show, Family Guy, Seinfeld, and the Simpsons
~Instead of using a napkin, he wipes his hand on the opposite shoulder.
~He got his front tooth knocked out while playing hockey in soccer. It has fallen out three times since we've been married - and hopefully now it is permanently in there!
~He has awesome blue eyes.
~ I like his hands. Especially the scar on the right one.
~He did not grow up going to church. He was mad because he couldn't play with his friend Jay on Sundays b/c Jay went to church. So James started going with him in middle school.
~He really fell in love with God when Jay was spending the night at his house. There was a thunderstorm and Jay and James prayed that if God were real he would "knock that Michael Jordan poster right off the wall." The next time it thundered, the poster fell.
~ He loves lanterns.
~ He LOVES Mark McGuire. We got married on September 8th because that is when Mark hit his 62nd homerun.
~ He loves playing with Kaitlyn and making her laugh. She loves her daddy.
~ He gets Kaitlyn ready for school almost every morning. This means, getting her dressed, packing her bag AND her lunch. And sometimes they even walk to school together.
~ He can make every single dish that we have fit in the dishwasher.
~ He makes really good eggs.
~ He would do anything for anyone. He is extremely generous.
~ He loves his family.
~ He chose to come to ACU over a full ride soccer scholarship somewhere else.
~ I grew up knowing about God, and he chose to seek a relationship. He has recently taught me, in ways that he probably doesn't even know, to truly seek a relationship with the Lord.
~ We have had our fair share of hard times, but I love James with all of my heart and can't wait to learn even more fun things about him in the years ahead.

11 comments:

Sara said...

That is so sweet. It is so encouraging to see and hear about relationships that are flourishing. I tend to hear only about the ones that are failing.
I miss our fun times in admissions.

Unknown said...

Wow- the Michael Jordan poster story gives me goose bumps........that is awesome. I agree that James is incredibly generous.......and I'll add that he set up an indoor baseball diamond inside his senior year college apartment with an automatic pitching machine aimed right at the door....I almost got nailed in the face many times walking through that door!

leslie said...

Kelly - I forgot about that. That made me laugh out loud.

James M. said...

WOW, I am truly blessed by such a wonderful wife. The funny thing she might not know is. . . she makes me who I am.

Love and God are such funny things, you can't see them but then they are right there in front of your face to where you can't help but see them.

I love you, Sweetheart.

You have made my year today.

Thank you

Sam said...

I had a experience similar to James'Jordan poster experience. I am going to say that it happened circa 1986 becasue I know it was right around the time that Top Gun came out. My family was driving from Fort Owrth to Abilene in the middle of a big rain storm. I was on the couch of our big van and was looking out the windows. I was praying and pointed at a specific cloud and said "Lord, if you want me to be a navy fighter pilot make lightning come out of that cloud in the next 5 seconds" and sure enough, lightning came from that specific cloud. Eerie, huh?

And yes, James is an incredible guy.

Shanta said...

Sniff, sniff. This is precious- I kinda feel guilty about peering in on such a nice moment. I'm thrilled that you guys are doing so well. What a blessing!

Amber Smith said...

Leslie- That was such a sweet and heartfelt list about James. I'm glad you guys are so perfect for each other. I think being able to wear whatever shoes you want to is a major plus. I dated a guy in high school who was so short he had to pull out something he called "tall shoes" whenever I wore anything except for flats. What a nightmare!! (the person I was dating as well as the shoe dilemma)
You guys are so cute! I love reading about your lives, how much you love each other, and how much you love Kaitlyn. You are an encouragement to me.

Amy said...

Wow! Wouldn't the world be a great place if each woman could write such things about her husband? James is amazing and I'm so thankful that he and Andy are good friends. He's helped shape Andy into the man I have today.

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Wife of the year definitely goes to you! My favorite memory of James was when he coached our intramural soccer team, Mayo's Maidens. I still have the shirt, and in fact, I wore it a lot this summer while I was pregnant because it was one of my only t-shirts stretchy enough to fit over my big, fat belly! I am so glad that you guys have each other and Kaitlyn! You are truly blessed!

Kristen OQ said...

A great list for a great guy! I love finding out fun things that I didn't know about James before.

hejlyeah said...

Man, that poster thing freaks me out! Go God. You're so sweet to say those things about James. Almost made me cry! What a great guy!