Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving Weekend

This is when I dread posting the most for some reason. I have so much to write about, but don't know what to say. Do I tell you every single detail about our Thanksgiving and completely bore you to death? Or do I just slap a few pictures on here and say we had a great time and ate lots of food? Hmm... I'll do my best to be brief, at the same time recording memories for Kaitlyn to read someday.

We spent Thanksgiving in Dallas this year with James' family. We shared Thanksgiving Day with his mom, stepdad, sister Jennifer, her boyfriend Brian, and Brian's parents. And we can't forget the cats - "Busy" and "Tinkerbell". The cats, I'm afraid, were Kaitlyns favorite relative. She chased and tormented them the entire time we were there.
Anyway.. there was an abundance of food: turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, bread, sweet potato casserole, fruit salad, broccoli and cheese casserole.. I can't even think of everything. But it was all good! (And don't get me started on the desserts.) It was a very relaxing day watching the parade, football, playing frisbee outside, cooking, knitting. Yes. I said knitting. I'm making a scarf, thank you.

The rest of the weekend was a blast. I got to see 2 movies! I saw Rent with James' mom. Excellent music! I could have done without all of the homosexuality, but the songs were amazing. They should all be rock stars. James and I tried to go see Walk the Line, but it was sold out. So, we saw Derailed. Don't see it. Very disturbing, and I didn't like seeing Jennifer Aniston in a role like that. Yikes.

June and I also went to the mall to do some shopping. Well, I chased Kaitlyn and she shopped! But Kaitlyn made out well! She got some fun clothes, a really fun pair of shoes, an awesome "interactive" princess vanity set from the Disney store (for Christmas), a lot of play time in the mall playground, and a $2 train ride. Pretty fun!

And then there was Sunday at church. We went back to PC to see all of our friends that we miss so much. Kaitlyn was excited to get to see Hannah, Avery, Sam, and Megan. The highlight of our time there was when Kaitlyn escaped from the pugh. The girl is fast. The first time she got out she ran to the front of the auditorium and proceeded to go up the stairs on the side that lead to the baptistry. Nice. This was in the middle of the sermon at a very large church. I ran to catch her. About 15 minutes later when I was looking in her bag for something, she takes off again. This time sprinting to the back of the church and running completely to the other side before I could finally grab her and drag her out the door to the foyer. I mean, seriously. After church, people I didn't even know came up to me saying, "Wow - you have quick one on your hands!" Not one of Kaitlyns finer moments. But one to remember.

On our way back home we stopped in Ft. Worth to say hello to my "Grandmama", one of my cousins and my parents. I was so glad they decided to stick around so we could see them for even just a few minutes. It took us forever to get back to Abilene due to construction that had the highway down to one lane, and 2 enormous grass fires that went on for miles. Insane. But we were so glad to be home in our own beds. Kaitlyn even slept ALL NIGHT in her own bed. That hasn't happened in well over a month.

Here are a couple of pictures from the weekend:


Enjoying some pumpkin pie with Papaw:



Make a wish!


She loves her rocking chair!

I LOVE ME SOME TURKEY!!

14 comments:

Alyssa said...

I am so sad that we missed you guys! Church sounds like it was hilarious! I am glad that you had a great Thanksgiving!

Katie said...

Derailed really disturbed me too... NOT what I was expecting.

Y'all must have been at early service at PC--either that or I was really spacing out during church. Too funny!

Sounds like a great weekend!

Shanta said...

Yeah for turkey, shopping, time with family,and movies. I saw Derailed too and I'm still having nightmares... I'm glad I got caught up on your weekend. Sooooo sad we missed you at church!

Amber Smith said...

Sounds like a really fun Thanksgiving. I don't know what it is about these pictures, but Kaitlyn looks so much older all of a sudden! What a cutie! How funny that Kaitlyn chose your Sunday at PC to run up front. Emma Brantley did that several months ago. Nicole was so embarrassed, but I think everyone else just thought it was cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey Leslie...I'm having a little girl!
Good to see you yesterday at church!
-Hayley

leslie said...

Yay Hayley!! Congratulations!!!!

Unknown said...

I loved all the weekend pics- Kaitlyn is totally hillarious, and her personality totally shines through! Have a great week!

Hollie Reese said...

I agree about Derailed! We went to see it and walked out half way through. It was so disturbing!!!

I am sad we missed you in Dallas!

hollyfouts said...

So good to see you guys! I was definately feeling sorry for the people around us at church....Avery coughing all over the guy next to us, Kaitlyn running circles around the place, a total circus!

Amy said...

Thanks for the heads-up on Derailed. I can't wait to see Rent though. Kaitlyn's SO awesome! She cracks me up!

swatterson said...

Cute pictures Leslie! Sounds like you guys had a great time. Knitting huh? I knew you were cool! Can't wait to see you soon.

PS I liked Derailed. :)

Unknown said...

I love the pictures of Kaitlyn, especially the last one. By the way, Kaitlyn is the type of kid I LOVE-doesn't follow all the rules but makes it hard to be mad because she is so stinkin' funny! I can only hope Jackson's personality will be similar! E-mail me when you want to get together.

Sam said...

kaitlyn was probably the Service Highlight for most of the people there. I am glad y'all had a good weekend.

Kristen OQ said...

We LOVED seeing you guys at church Sunday morning -- except it made me miss you living here in Dallas. And I loved having Kaitlyn in class on Sunday morning. You should have seen the other kids when she started singing all the words to the New Testament song with me...they were in shock with me!

Come again soon!