Monday, November 07, 2005

A New Link

Don't worry every one, Leslie will be back to posting soon. In fact she might even have a contribution this morning about our amazing weekend.

I wanted to take this opportunity to point out that there is a new link under the heading "His Links". If you have the time I would suggest you take the time to check out Chris Campbell's blog site. Why would you want to do such a crazy thing, you don't even know the guy. That's fine, but he is one of the main factoring reasons I am where I am today.

Jay Potts invited me to church, Chris Campbell made me love church. He was the summer intern at Waterview C of C for a summer and made it fun. We went to these Tuesday night devotionals at other churches and then we did this service project called Work Camp. I remember thinking that no 0ne this cool could e a Christian and such a good person. I mean he was really funny to us. I also remember how the prime seat to any event was the backseat of some old RX-7 or something like that. He also created a standard for summer youth interns that was going to be tough to beat. That was the time when Bill Hunter was out youth minister. I think he moved to TN or something after he left. That was really hard on everyone

I remember at the time, summer seemed so long and he finally did have to leave. I thought he would be back the following year but wasn't. I forgot the guy that came after Chris but I know he works on ACU's campus as well. Then there was Darren Hollingsworth (these are out of order) and Pat Adams. These men impacted my life in different ways each summer. But to be completely honest the youth group always tried to welcome the new interns with their hearts open and try to make them feel at home the whole time I was at Waterview. I think we all did this for the same reason, I think its because of all the fun we had with Chris and anticipation of a wonderful summer.

So Chris, you don't read this blog, but that doesn't matter. I want to thank you from the tips of my toes to the receding hairline I call Florida. You truly are a wonderful man and know that God put you in my life to make me see the how easy and fun it is to love the lord.

Thank you.

1 comment:

MereMoore said...

i LOVED chris campbell-that was an awesome summer!! i can't wait to read his blog!