Monday, November 14, 2005

Weekend in review...

Good Monday morning to you! How is everyone feeling today?? Gooood....

So, our weekend was nice! We are still enjoying 80+ degree weather in mid-November, but whatever.
Friday night we did absolutely nothing!!! James cooked out bbque chicken, we played outside for a little while, Kaitlyn went to bed and we enjoyed just hanging out on the couch for a couple of hours. It's so nice to not have any plans sometimes!
Saturday morning I went up to Hendrick where they were launching the new Body Step class. Two words. Sore calves. Ouch. It was an awesome class though! Unlike any other step class I have taken. A true full body work out. Sadly, I am mourning the loss of my 10 day free trial membership. Today is my last day. Where do I go from here? I weighed myself this morning and have lost 5 pounds in 10 days, I feel better about myself, I have been working out with a bunch of my friends.. it's so fun... but now we have to pay for it - IF James gives the okay. We'll see.....
After Body Step we went to help a girl from our bible class. She has a lot of health issues and is needing a new place to live - so our class and another class at Highland are helping her fix up (paint, lay flooring, tile bathroom and kitchen, carpet, plumbing...the works) a rent house. It's looking really cute! James stayed over there most of the day while I got some quality time with Kaitlyn. I really cherish my weekends with her since I work full-time. We had fun playing outside, picking pecans out of the grass - eating a lot of them, coloring, dancing, watching a video... just hanging out. She is so much fun right now. Being able to carry on a conversation with her is hilarious. A few times during the day this little conversation came up:

Kaitlyn: "Guess what mama?"
Me: "What?"
Kaitlyn: "I love you very, very much."

So sweet, that girl.

Also, last night when she was getting out of the bathtub she said:

Kaitlyn: (groaning) "I'm sore!"
Me: "What are you sore from?"
Kaitlyn: "Working out."

I guess I need to quit complaining.

Sunday was a good day at church - have I expressed enough how much I love Highland? We went out to eat with some friends. (10% off at El Chico when you show your church bulletin.) I had a baby shower to go to... fortunately El Chico is in the mall so I hit JC Penny for my gift. I got a really cute "Baby's First Christmas" outfit that I was very proud of. So, I go home to lay down for a few minutes before the shower that starts at 2:00. I BOLT off the couch at 1:35 having just realized that Wendys baby is due AFTER Christmas -so a Christmas outfit is pointless. I am the biggest NERD. Total Leslie moment right there. I run to Walmart so fast and get a Praise Baby DVD, some cute little shoes and some wash rags. I was pretty pleased with that.

After the shower I go home so James can go back and help with the rent house some more. I took Kaitlyn and her friend Kelly that lives next door to the park. It was so fun to watch them play together. They are 2 funny girls.

The final event of the weekend was helping our friend (who's house we're fixing up) pack up all of her things so that she can move today. Kaitlyn pitched in by carrying a few empty boxes up and down the stairs - to which she repeatedly YELLED out, "I'm a good helper Mommy!" Yes you are.

Home for a bath and off to bed she went. I went to the couch to watch an awesome episode of Grey's Anatomy. I love that show.

I ran 2 miles this morning with my good friend Stephanie. A great start to the day!

Is this post long enough for you?? Have a good day!

9 comments:

Amy said...

Grey's Anatomy--how funny is it that Dr. Bailey's pregnant?! And I wish Meredith would suck it up and move on!

Shanta said...

I'm so inspired. Maybe I'll get my keister to the gym today. Those trips to Bueno are sneaking up on me and staying. Sounds like an AWESOME weekend. Love you!

Kate said...

A loss of five pounds and a 2-mile jog already? I'm impressed!

hejlyeah said...

Man girl! I wish I could be as productive as you! I should be running my tail off right now. Sounds like a great weekend!

swatterson said...

2 miles! wow! there's no runny for me these days. i do step class though...hope you get to keep going. fun isn't it! Kaitly is so cute....I love your conversations!

Unknown said...

Well, maybe since we both live in Abilene and have never seen each other, we should meet up for a jog? Except that you would probably lap me after I stopped at mile 1. Who am I kidding, I would probably have to stop at 1/2 a mile. Seriously though, we do need to hook up!

Anonymous said...

Five pounds in ten days! Pretty impressive! Keep it up!

D Pitt said...

When is Kaitlyn going to come up and visit us again! Too bad she is scared of me...
I heard your gonna be out on Friday?!?!?!

Hollie Reese said...

Okay...I did it. I joined the blogging community. But now I am not smart enough to figure it out. How do I add links???