Monday, November 21, 2005

Tired



I'm tired! We had a very fun weekend in Lubbock visiting my parents. We got there pretty late on Thursday night. We were planning on leaving straight from work, but I refuse to come back from out of town to a messy house, so I straightened up before we hit the road. Kaitlyn did so good in the car. It was dark outside by the time we left, so we just read books, did some stickers, and sang songs. I began teaching her the song that goes with the books of the New Testament - and she had that down by the time we got to Lubbock. Pretty cute.

Friday morning James had to go to a meeting for work. (The home office of SYSCO is in Lubbock). While he was there, we went to eat at George's for breakfast. My parents are regulars there. They have the same waitress, Stella - everytime they go. She calls everyone "Mama." Kaitlyn looked at her like, "I am not your mama." Either the waitress really loved Kaitlyn, or she was trying to get us to leave - but she gave her a dollar out of her tip money. Later that afternoon Kaitlyn and I went with James to his company's Thanksgiving lunch. This is when it is good to work for a food company - they had soooo much good food!! Kaitlyn loved the dessert. She's a chocolate girl. Side note: My mom gave Kaitlyn a piece of chocolate this weekend - and when she opened it she said, "Oh, this is my faaavorite color brown."

Friday night James and I went to the Abilene High football game. They are undefeated and in the playoffs and this game just happened to be in Lubbock!! It was soo much fun. We thought it was going to be a blowout - but it went into overtime! We won 28-21. It was awesome. Cold. But awesome. We may even go to Waco on Friday night to see them play Southlake Carroll. THAT will be a good game. Anyone want to go??

On Saturday morning my parents and my brother went skeet (sp?) shooting, while James and I went to the mall. Kaitlyn had a lot of fun playing on the indoor playground. There was a woman in a wheelchair that was there, and this was the first time that I have ever noticed Kaitlyn stop and "stare" at something like that. The lady was just given a bunch of chocolate and it was kind of drooling out of her mouth. I didn't want to tell Kaitlyn to stop staring, b/c I didn't want the lady to feel bad. So I just told Kaitlyn to tell her hi, and I told her that she likes chocolate just as much as Kaitlyn does!! She was pretty excited by that answer, and just kept playing. But that was one of those moments as a mom where I was like, what is the appropriate thing to do in this situation?


A friend that I grew up with got married on Saturday afternoon, and I was asked to stand at the sign in table. I liked this job because I got to see lots of old friends as they came in.




As far as the ceremony goes, I'm sure Kaitlyn's voice made the wedding video at least once. When the groom was saying his vows she said, "What's that little guy talking about?" And then another time she just blurted out, "I want some cake!" And she also noticed my corsage on my sweater and said (when the brides dad was giving her away) "Those are pretty flowers mama!!" Sorry Rachel!







On Sunday we went to this amazing park. It was the biggest thing I had ever seen. It was all built by people in the city that wanted to help out. It was a lot of fun - Kaitlyn loved it.




It was there that we noticed that our tire was going flat due to at least one nail that was stuck in it. So, this delayed our departure. Wal-mart had a 2 hour wait to get it fixed. So, we got Kaitlyn all bathed and in her new pajamas (thanks mom). She slept the majority of the way home.



Whew! That was most of what we did, but I'm so tired today! I guess traveling just takes it out of me. We are here today and tomorrow, and then Wednesday we leave for Dallas!! We will be there visiting James' family until Sunday! We are looking forward to seeing them, and maybe even some friends while we are there!

Happy Monday...

12 comments:

Noel Green said...

This is really random, but my husband and I were at the same wedding! We drove in from Springfield, MO and I thougt you looked familiar:) I had no idea of this Cass connection! I went to LCU with Matt and became very close to his parents. My husband and I couldn't miss the big day!
I should have said hi to you when we were signing in--but the line was long and things were about to get started. So, here's a belated "hi" to you!

Unknown said...

Fabulous pics Leslie! Kaitlyn is growing up so fast & that playground is totally amazing. Hope you guys have a great time in Dallas this weekend!

D Pitt said...

Good to hear that you had a good weekend - I should probably just walk down and ask you about it! Hey I think Peeps and I are gonna be at the game on Friday too!

Kristen OQ said...

Maybe we will see you Sunday if you go to Prestoncrest. We are heading out Wed-Sat, but have to be back on Sunday because I am teaching one of the 2's classes this quarter -- maybe Kaitlyn can come!

MereMoore said...

first of all-your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!! i love the long locks!!! second-K is SO big-I can't even sing the New Testament song! Miss you and hope to see you while you are here!

Jennifer K said...

It was great seeing you on Saturday. What a wedding! :)

Shanta said...

I am not thankful for the fact that we will pass like ships in the night in D-town! We're headed to Nashty. If you want to have our house to yourself you're welcome!

Anonymous said...

Shanta, you would have to pry my cold dead arms from around them to have them stay anywhere but my house!

Unknown said...

What an eventful weekend! As for the Southlake/Abilene High game, I am not much for football, but I want Southlake to win! That is my home town! I hope y'all have fun at the game. Kaitlyn has the most precious personality. I can't wait to meet her!

Amber Smith said...

Wow. You are more of a quick thinker than I am (about the woman in the wheelchair). I don't know what I would have said. I'm glad you guys had such a fun weekend and am very jealous that you're going to Dallas!

Alyssa said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend. Lauren loves that indoor playground in the Lubbock mall too. I need to take her to that cool park, though! I agree with Meredith... you look great... your hair looks great, Kaitlyn is precious!!! I am so happy that things are going well...

Ashley said...

I love seeing pictures of L town on your blog! I think that park is awesome. How great. I am glad you had a good weekend.