Friday, November 04, 2005

Ouch


Not much to write about this morning. Other than the fact that I can't sit, stand, walk, lay down.. anything w/o clenching because my poor body is so incredibly sore. My friend Stephanie teaches "Body Pump" at Hendrick Health Club. She got me sucked into going last night. (Using the excuse that the class would be free and I could have the pleasure of having dinner with her after). OH MY GOSH. This class kicked my bootie. I've been running a few times lately, but I don't remember the last time I did anything with weights. It's a really fun class with really fun music, but parts of my body that I didn't even know existed are sore. And NOW she is trying to get me to get a membership there. (Again, using the excuse that ACU employees can just have their discounted membership fee taken directly out of their paycheck.) What is she trying to do to me? (My face was NOT as calm and relaxed as this girls is)

However, I am trying to work out more. Another thing she got me sucked into doing is joining this club called "Mom's on the Move." A bunch of young mom's get together and run a few days a week. Once every 3 months you travel somewhere in Texas and run a 5K. This I am excited about. Each time a different chooses the location and makes the travel arrangements, and the other girls don't know where they are going until they get there. Anyway....

This weekend we are going on the Family Retreat with our church. It's somewhere down in the Hill Country. I've heard it's super pretty and a lot of fun for all the kids. We'll see how Kaitlyn does sleeping in a cabin with her sleeping bag! And I'm sure we'll have to keep an extra close eye on my fearless daughter.. there is a large river that runs through the campsite, and I'm sure lots of other things she can explore and get into. There are a lot of other families with young kids - I know Kaitlyn will have a blast. The weather is supposed to be nice.. we're looking forward to it!!

I hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend!!

10 comments:

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

I LOVE the Hendrick Health Club. Although, my mom has put them on strike. She's worked out there for 8 years and they have started all of a sudden charging her an obscene about of money. Her picture was even on the wall as a model for "What to wear and What not to wear." I was embarrassed in college. :)

Jennifer K said...

Body Pump is AMAZING!!! Keep it up and you will see fast results. I get sore randomly at times and I have been going since March!! I love it. It is such a great feeling. I am jealous about the running club, it sounds like a lot of fun! Have fun on your retreat!

Anonymous said...

Very impressive! I wish I had someone dragging me out of the house to work my booty!!!

Shanta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shanta said...

Congrats on body pump. I prefer pumps that produce cheese or other condiments, preferably over chips.

Unknown said...

I am MAJORLY impressed.....that mom's running club also sounds awesome! Have a great time this weekend! Can't wait to hear the Mayo family stories upon your return.......

Ashley said...

Body Pump is a kick butt workout. I am super proud of you! Keep it up!

Hope you have a fun and rejunvenating weekend

MereMoore said...

sounds painful-we just joined a new gym and they have belly dancing class and you better believe i will be in there!! (probably won't make me as sore as body pump though!!)

hejlyeah said...

I love those kinds of classes! Go girl. I need to be running with you for sure - I miss those days!

Hill Country eh? My neck of the woods! Call me!

Amy said...

I'm with Shanta--I prefer pumps that produce cheese. I recommend getting a membership at Curves. It made me feel good to go workout with old women and not with girls in "shirts" that are really just sports bras. Of course, I would also have to recommend actually going to workout once you get a membership--I hear that works better than just napping instead, which is what I've been doing.