Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thankful

I waited until today to post what I am thankful for. I have enjoyed reading everyone else's list! First, let me say that I am thankful that Kaitlyn has finally found a man in her life. Here is a picture of her new love, Boston. How cute are they. They hit it off on the family retreat. Boston's mom snapped this picture as they were holding hands. He's almost exactly one year older than Kaitlyn, but she's just about as tall as he is. How cute are they?



Okay, so in honor of this Thanksgiving, 2005 here is my list of what I am most Thankful for.

~ I have the most wonderful immediate and extended family ever.
~ My most beautiful daughter that makes me smile every day. I'll never know how I got so lucky.
~ My most wonderful husband, who lately has done way more around the house than I have, tells me I "look good" every day, plays nonstop with Kaitlyn... I could go on and on. I'm thankful for you.
~ A nice, warm house to come home to at the end of the day.
~ An AWESOME church home and church family.
~ Wonderful new friendships that have formed since we moved here.
~ Hendrick Healthclub - the funnest place to work out.
~ Great music.
~ Nothing bad has happened in our house, even though our address is 666.
~ My job. The fun people that I work with.
~ Rainbow Bible School and the teachers that take such good care of Kaitlyn, and make it a fun place that she enjoys going to each day.
~ Good TV shows like Lost, Gray's Anatomy, Extreme Home Makeover, Oprah and Ellen. I used to like Alias, but I won't even go there.
~I can get anywhere I need to go in 10 minutes or less. It takes me 23 seconds to drive to work, or 4 minutes to walk. James and I are both home by 5:00 everyday at the latest.
~ God. His unconditional love. His forgiveness. His patience. His grace.

And of course, I am thankful for blogging - as silly as that sounds. I love reading about what is going on in my friends lives that I miss so much! (And even the ones that live right here in Abilene!)

I hope everyone has a fun and safe Thanksgiving holiday! Don't eat too much!

3 comments:

Sam said...

I am so glad to hear that someone else is disappointed in Alias. Emille and I have been so loyal to that show since we lived in CA. I told her last thursday that something would have to chenge with it soon or I would have to stop watching it. It has been so depressing since the killed Vaughn off. Emille still insists that he will come back before the season is over.

Katie said...

Leslie--Kaitlyn and her man are too cute--maybe I should ask her for some dating tips! =)

I'm thankful for blogging too--It's been great to be able to stay in touch with friends.

Have a great holiday--y'all be safe driving!

Erica said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! I look forward to one day being able to put working out as something I am thankful for but I am not there yet. Have a safe trip and hopefully we will get to see you on Sunday!