Monday, August 22, 2005

Husband of the Year/ Wedding

Well, I think James deserves an award for husband of the year. He successfully took care of Kaitlyn all by himself for 5 days and 4 nights. He did GREAT. When I got home the house was picked up, Kaitlyn was just finishing up her nap, and he had even done some laundry!! I thought I would have some scary/frightening stories to tell of their time together, but thankfully I don't. Instead, I now have stories of their time at GattiLand, the Abilene Zoo, working in the yard, watching movies, making shadows with flashlights inside tents that they built in the living room, bedtime stories, cooking breakfast together, and taking naps on the couch. I'm so glad they had this daddy/daughter time together. I'm so thankful that Kaitlyn has a daddy that loves to play around on the floor with her, sing with her, dance with her, swing her, and just be silly. I love watching them together. I hope and pray that their relationship continues to grow deeper as Kaitlyn gets older. Thanks James for being who you are, and for being the best daddy ever for Kaitlyn.

Okay, enough sappiness. (Is that a word?) I had a WONDERFUL time in Tennessee for Meredith's wedding. Mere is one of my best friends from ACU and was the maid of honor in our wedding. Let me just say, Tennessee is absolutely beautiful. Huge trees, everything is SO green, lots of hills...just gorgeous. We hit the ground running when she picked me up from the airport on Thursday. Lots of last minute errands to run, things to drop up, gifts to pick up. I forgot the craziness surrounding a wedding!! Thursday night we had dinner at her parents house (which is absolutely beautiful) with her family and a few friends. Meredith's dad is the one who married James and I, so it was good to catch up with him.

On Friday we went and got manicures and pedicures - it's been so long since I've had either of those. (Maybe that will help me to stop biting my nails!) Then we went to this place called All Fired Up where all of the bridal party painted dishes, vases, picture frames, etc. for Meredith and Ashley. They put them in a big burner thing (my technical name for it), and it ends up looking really neat. I thought that was a great idea, and we had a lot of fun doing it. The rehearsal dinner that night was really good. The video was great of the two of them. Then there was the "open mic" time when anyone could get up and say something. I thought I was going to get out of it, but I look over at Mere and she is giving me this look of, "You better go up there and say something." Great....then all my emotions come out. I try and get through what I had to say without crying, but turned into a blubbering idiot by like the second word. Oh well..she has it on video and now can laugh at me forever. Thanks Mere.

The wedding day was awesome. We went for a long walk that morning, and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast when we got back. Meredith's sisters-in-law and I then made a Sonic run...they don't have Sonic where either of them live. (Washington D.C. and Michigan) Can anyone believe that??? Why would you live somewhere where there is not a Sonic?! I don't get it. Anyway, the wedding was absolutely beautiful. Meredith looked amazing, and her groom could not have looked happier. Her brothers sang at the wedding, and sounded wonderful. The reception was a blast..lots of dancing. Mere's mom actually got on the dance floor and busted a move to "Baby Got Back." Nice. We had a great time.

I will try and post pictures soon. Something is up with our computer, but hopefully James can get all of that worked out.

Happy Monday! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad we got to catch up this weekend.....what a whirlwind. Thanks for all you did to help out Mere- it was too much fun, and as a result I am dead tired today! James definitely deserves Father of the Year...... but we definitely missed seeing him and Kaitlyn. Have a great week.

hollyfouts said...

Way to go, James! I did notice a couple of carefully chosen words--The house was "picked up" (not clean) and he did "SOME" laundry. The most important part is that they had a great time together and you got to enjoy some old friends. Glad everyone is so happy!

Kristen OQ said...

He is a brave man -- Kevin has only taken Sam for the weekend one time and for some reason he never has done it again! Now that we have 2 kiddos, he is already lamenting the fact that I am hosting Bunko here at our house on Friday night and he is going to have to get out of the house with both of them for a couple of hours! Speaking of, I wish you were in town so you could come over for that. We miss you!

hejlyeah said...

How great. I'm so glad it was a good weekend for everyone.