Friday, August 26, 2005

The Squirrel, Kaitlyn, and Potty Training


ACU squirrels are not like regular squirrels. They are friendly - they don't ever run away from you. They sit outside office or classroom windows and peek in, and some of them even let you feed them from your hand. This particular squirrel was just chilling outside a window during a meeting the other day, and someone was smart enough (or just really bored in the meeting) and snapped a picture. I thought it was pretty funny.

A funny Kaitlyn story: Yesterday Kaitlyn decided to weigh herself. She stepped on the scale and said, "Wow....I weigh 20 pounds!!" (She really weighs 34 pounds, but for some reason she said 20....already lying about her weight.) Then she said, "I'm a BIG Kaitlyn!"

Also, Kaitlyn is now completely potty trained at school, but not at home. Any shots at our parenting? Go right ahead. We're lazy. That's basically what it comes down to. But, starting today we are going at it full force. I just don't think I'm ready for the days when it takes 30 minutes to get dressed, packed up, in the car, and 5 minutes later hear, "I have to go potty." Or when I'm in Walmart with a basket full of groceries, or in the middle of church..... Anyway, maybe it's just because I'm not quite ready to let go of the things that are still keeping her a baby! We'll see how it goes......

No comments: