Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Weekend Highlights

I know, it's Tuesday and I'm just now writing about the weekend. Oh well, here are some pictures and highlights below:

























We had a really fun weekend. James went to Dallas to play poker with some friends and was planning on coming back on Saturday. But then his friend Clay drove down all the way from Missouri to play, so he ended up staying until Sunday. That was my cue to go to Lubbock for the weekend. Kaitlyn and I drove down and spent some quality time with my parents. When I woke her up Saturday morning to tell her we were going she said "Ohhhhh, yes!! Mam-ma's gonna get my sugars!!" (That's what my mom always says when she is kissing on her). Anyway, here are some highlights from the weekend:

1. Listening to Kaitlyn sing "Let Us Have a Little Talk with Jesus" about 20 times in a row in the car.

2. Enjoying my dad's hammock. Except for when I fell out of it. Twice.

3. Going to the park and watching the ducks eat the bread right out of Kaitlyn's hand.

4. James getting to see his die-hard poker friends. James sleeping on the couch and Clay sleeping on the Bow-Flex. That's a lovely picture.

5. Shopping with my mom. I love getting new make up!

6. Eating yummy food.

7. Listening to this conversation between my mom and Kaitlyn:
Kaitlyn: "I want to see Christmas."
Mom: "What?"
Kaitlyn: "What's Christmas?"
Mom: Blank stare...wondering how she came up with this thought and wondering what to say.
Kaitlyn: getting impatient..."Christmas!!"
Mom: "Christmas is when Jesus was born."
Kaitlyn: "What happened to Santa?"

That's my girl. Always in tune with what's important!

8. My dad and I sharing stories from the books we are reading.

9. Kaitlyn made it all the way through church on Sunday!!

10. Watching Kaitlyn put on my mom's socks and golf shoes. She loved walking around in them, but it made a pretty funny picture!

If you have time, write a quick comment about your weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your weekend was my weekend. What a blast! Glad ya'll came!! It's so great having you so much closer!

hejlyeah said...

Cutest pics. My weekend is on the blog ... so fun to spend time with family! Tell Thom and mom hi!

Anonymous said...

I think you should shave your legs...oh wait...that's your dad in the hammock.
Love Julie!

swatterson said...

Great pictures!
I just hung out at home with my husband, my son, and my sister over the weekend. It was relaxing and it was awesome to have an extra set of hands around to help out with Chase!