Monday, August 29, 2005

The Weekend

We had a good weekend. Let's see...Friday night my brother had to defend me when 4 punk kids started throwing rocks at our house. I was sitting on the front porch. I saw a little bit of my dad come out of Neil. I'm sure they didn't see me sitting there, but you would have thought they were shooting me the way Neil reacted! It was great....

Saturday was Operation: Clean the house. That took most of the day/weekend, but it looks great now! James took Kaitlyn to the new Super Walmart that just opened by our house to get a new toy. She picked out skates. That's right. Skates. I'll let you know when we go to the Emergency room how excited I am about this purchase. She really likes them though, and they have three different settings. Setting one is you can only skate forward and one of the wheels doesn't turn. Setting two releases that one wheel, and setting three you can go forward and backward. But anyway you set it, Kaitlyn on wheels is just scary. I got some pretty good video of it though.

Saturday night we took Kaitlyn to see March of the Penguins. She lasted for about an hour, which is more than we thought, so we were okay with that. She really enjoyed it, and I would have liked to see the rest of it. It was really cool. James wanted to go because it is the second highest money-making documentary next to Fahrenheit 9-11. He felt he needed to contribute his money to try and overtake that title.

Sunday was a great day at Highland. We LOVE that church and are really liking our class there. We have just felt so welcomed and taken in. We went to eat with about 12 couples after church to Abuelos - yum! Kaitlyn did the best she ever has at a restaurant. She stayed in her high chair, ate a good lunch and then actually ASKED if she could get down and play with her friend Boston when she was finished! I was way impressed. Now, Sunday night at our small group - it was back to the 90-mile-per-hour Kaitlyn that we all know and love.

So, all-in-all, a great weekend.

5 comments:

Kate said...

I'm really glad that ya'll are in our class at Highland. Brandon and I love all the couples in there. We joined right after we got married, and love hanging out with everyone outside of just Sunday morning. Hope your Monday's going well! See you tonight.

hollyfouts said...

Sound like fun. Avery has actually been asking us for skates (I don't know where she got the idea), but I have been putting it off. The fact that she loves walking with her eyes closed so much doesn't seem like skates would be the best idea for Avery. Hope Kaitlyn doesn't get too banged up!

hejlyeah said...

Skates - wow! She's getting so big!

swatterson said...

So is her friend Boston, my second-cousin Boston?
I'm soooo jealous that you get to go to Highland! I love that church and miss it so much. :(

leslie said...

Yep, that's the same Boston!