Monday, August 08, 2005

I'm a Slacker

I'm a slacker... I haven't posted in awhile. I am at a blog stand still. I know, it's bad. I just can't think of anything fun to write!!! I haven't even found enough energy to post a comment on any one else's blog!! What is my deal?? Well, I'll give it a shot.
This past weekend was soooo busy. My brother graduated on Friday night, so we had a house full of people. Kaitlyn did pretty good throughout the ceremony. They had some of the band that played the traditional "Pomp and Circumstance".... Kaitlyn loved that. She kept saying "One more music, one more music!" She didn't make it to see Neil walk across the stage, but she let everyone know who she was supporting by yelling "Yay Neil!" every few seconds for the first 5 minutes.
We had fun on Saturday just being with family. My cousin Taylor was adopted into our family and she recently learned that her birth family lives in Abilene. They met for the first time in June, but our whole family got to meet Taylors mom on Saturday. It was really neat to see how alike they are! Everything from the way they look to their personalities. I could write a lot more about it...but that's a whole other blog.
Fast forward to today....Kaitlyn started the fall semester of her preschool. She is now in the Ducks classroom. (She was a lamb, but she got promoted :) ) In the ducks room they sleep on mats. This is a whole new world for Kaitlyn. I was anxious to hear how she did her first day. Kaitlyn's teacher evidently lays the kids down and goes around and rubs the backs of those that have a hard time going to sleep. Well, Kaitlyn took it upon herself to help the teacher. So, she started going around to the other kids and rubbing their backs while saying, "It's okay, your mommy will be here soon." How sweet is that? After Ms. Cheryl (and Kaitlyn) got the other kids to sleep, Kaitlyn said, "It's my turn on my mat." Ms. Cheryl rubbed her back and she fell asleep. I don't know if this will be an everyday thing for Kaitlyn, but I thought it was pretty cute.
What wasn't cute was how Kaitlyn was up for 2 1/2 hours last night. We had bad storms that included very loud thunder. She asked, "What's that noise?" about 500 times before I finally turned on Care Bears and she fell asleep on the couch. She woke up very happy though, which I guess outweighs my crankiness.

Happy Tuesday!! (I'll post pictures tonight)

5 comments:

hejlyeah said...

Sweet little girl! She's just like her mommy.

Anonymous said...

Yes, she is.

Kristen OQ said...

Ask Holly about NapMats and Sunshine school...hilarious conversation between her and Lane. What a sweet post!

hollyfouts said...

Yep, nap mats are coming soon for us too. Lane and I had the biggest fight of our 5 year mariage over what kind of nap mat to buy for Avery. He insisted that she get the red/blue vinyl one from Wal-Mart for $6, and I wanted her to have a cloth one that could be washed (instead of just hosing it down in the back yard). We only argue about the REALLY important stuff over here! And, by the way, I won--Her cloth mat is on the way!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like your sweet girl is having a blast at school. I am so glad you are all enjoying Abilene. I think we are coming in a few weeks to visit some old friends so hopefully we will see the three of you too.