Saturday, August 13, 2005

Kaitlyn's Thoughts

We drove to Lubbock yesterday after work. James has a company golf tournament and awards banquet tonight. I love that all of his company "stuff" is in Lubbock because we get to see my parents. Another great part is that James and I get put up in a nice hotel and Kaitlyn gets Mam-ma and Pappy all to herself! (Or should I say Mam-ma and Pappy get Kaitlyn all to themselves?) Anyway, on the drive down here I thought it would be fun to write down the things that Kaitlyn said. Not everything, but the funny things. I wrote down more than I thought I would. So, here is Kaitlyn's conversation to herself, her Woody doll (from Toy Story), and to us:

"Look at the big tower!"

"It's daytime outside."

"Look! Dots!" (A few speckles of something on the inside roof of the car)

"My head, umm, yes, get my head. It's stuck...oh, that's better." (trying to put a necklace on)

"Mam-ma and Pappy loves me."

"It's hot in here!"

"Look at the birds!"

"I need gloves for me! He took my gloves!!" (James had to stop at one of his customers in Sweetwater to drop off a box of gloves)

"See the clouds up there Woody?"

"You want to sit in my lap Woody?"

Sings Holy, Holy, Holy (still one of her favorites for some reason)

Sings I'm in the Lord's Army.

Covers Woody's eyes and says "Peek-A-Boo!"

"Tickle Daddy's eyes!"

"Tickle Daddy's mole!" (James has a mole right under is eye)

"Uh, oh! Don't get me rain!"

"I saw a rainbow!"

"Just a few more minutes!"

"I'm gonna tell Mam-ma and Pappy about that rainbow."

"That's Mommys James and Kaitlyn's Daddy."

"I'm a big girl Daddy! I'm Kaitlyn. I'm a big Kaitlyn."

"This is Daddy, I'm Kaitlyn. This is Daddy, this is me!"

She saw a sign for Bealls (a store in the mall) and said, "This is B and E and L and S!"

"I'm Kaitlyn Mayo - This is Daddy Mayo."

"God made the moon, God made the stars, God made the clouds, God made...... I saw fireworks!"

"Where'd my Mam-ma go? I'm going to Lubbock."

"Almost there Mommy! I'm gonna say Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas!"



She's a pretty funny girl, that Kaitlyn. I wonder what the rest of the weekend has in store.....

2 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

A good idea writing down her stuff...I might need to do that on some trip with Sam. Although sometimes it can just be on a random trip to Target and he busts out with something random and hilarious. I should keep a pad of paper with me at all times. Hope you had a nice fun weekend!

swatterson said...

Haha! She's so funny! I can't wait to see her again and hear more of her talking. I can't believe she's getting so big.