Monday, October 24, 2005

Blessed


What an amazing weekend! Our family was, yet again, in three different place. I went on the Ladies retreat with our church, Kaitlyn spent the weekend with my parents, and James stayed home for some much deserved rest.

The ladies retreat was incredible. I could write and write about everything we did, but it's just one of those things you just have to experience. There were 6 girls from our class at church that went, and then many other women of all different ages. It was so neat to get to interact with these amazingly smart, wise women. The weekend was spent looking at the story of the Woman at the Well. I have read that bible story numerous times, but left the retreat with a much fuller, in depth appreciation for it.



I literally feel closer to Jesus. I think that I have just been carrying him around in my back pocket - only choosing to take Him out when I need him - not allowing him to be with me every second. He longs to be with me always... He wants me to meet him face to face, and not run past him - as the woman at the well did.

I feel like I made 6 new best friends! It's amazing what just 2 days can do to a friendship! I also feel like I have about 50 other women at the church that I can call on for anything. Highland is such a personal, inviting, warm, friendly church. I truly feel like this is where James and I are supposed to be. I feel like I can finally say - this is our home church. This is where we are welcomed by others, and this is where we will serve. This is where Kaitlyn will grow up. This may be where our children will be baptized. This is where many strong friendships will be established, and grow stronger through the years.


I came home from the weekend, totally exhausted and emotionally drained. But I also came home to a wonderful husband, a beautiful daughter, and a clean house!!




Have a good Monday!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so awesome Leslie- what a blessing. James' post missing you guys was super sweet as well...... I think you guys need to take a family vacation and come see us!

Sam said...

Glad you had a good time. Highland is such a great church. What got you guys back to Abilene? Before catching you guys in the blog world I was thinking that you were in Dallas. Where do you guys work?

leslie said...

Sam- we decided we wanted to raise our family in a smaller city. We love Abilene! I work at ACU in Admissions and James works for SYSCO Foods.
We love it! Come visit anytime!

swatterson said...

sounds like an awesome weekend. I need something like that. There are lots of familiar faces at your retreat. I miss A-town....and Highland C of C. :)

Erica said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful weekend away. We all need to get a little extra boost of the Lord at times. I am looking forward the the Ladies retreat here in February. Hope to see you soon.

Becky Martin said...

I'm jelous! I miss having the church community, especially of folks my own age. If job stuff works out I may have a chance to start going to some Bible Studies and trying to make those kinds of relationships soon!

Shanta said...

What fun! Those are such neat times...I'm proud of you for making that a priority. Ken and I are geared up for a marriage retreat this weekend. Should be a fun time too!

Sam said...

That is great! James always was a guy you just knew would uproot everything to do what he thought was right. I believe that is called integrity. Glad you guys are together and glad you made the move.

Ashley said...

Yeah for your weekend. I love a lot of those girls and never get to see them anymore. Teach them how to blog! :) I am so glad you had a great time. What a blessing!

Alyssa said...

Your retreat sounds wonderful... and i am so glad that you have found a church home at Highland.. that's great!

hejlyeah said...

I miss Highland so much too! I wish I could be there in Abilene sometimes. Maybe we'll come up in Dec.?