Thursday, October 06, 2005

I'm a little Freaked Out

My daughter is freaking me out. She has been doing this for a couple of days now. Every time I put her diaper (pull-up) on her she says, "I want my belly button to show!" She pulls it down just enough to where it shows. This morning, she did the same thing when I put her jeans on. She literally cried until she got her pants lowered just enough for her belly button to show. She kept lifting her shirt up to make sure that her pants didn't move up any.

WHAT THE HECK?!?!? What in the world is she going to be like when she's 13?? Is this a sign of what's to come? Did she learn this from some other punk girl in her class??

I'm just a little shocked that at the young age of 2, she is concerned about having low-rise jeans.

Sidenote: I'm so proud of myself for figuring out the Flickr thing. There aren't any new pictures on there, but those are the ones I had at work that I could upload.

ALSO... James, Kaitlyn and I will be 3 separate places this weekend. Pray that we all stay safe! I will be in Tennessee for the Zoe conference, James will be at the lakehouse with his friends from ACU, and Kaitlyn is staying with Nana and Papaw. (James' parents) . We are all leaving tonight and not coming back until late Sunday night. I'm taking Monday off to hang out with Kaitlyn. What will I do with no blogging for 5 whole days??? Surely I can find a computer somewhere in TN!!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

That is too funny.......hopefully she's just obsessed with her belly button at the moment. Do you believe that Nick & Jessica are really over?!?! People Magazine hasn't reported it yet, so I'm wondering if it is true.......

Shanta said...

dude- how high-tech are you?? I love the picture-slide-show-thing going on... You set the bar high mrs. mayo! Now i'm going to have to set up movie clips or something on mine to make it interesting...

Amy said...

Baby Spears! I love it! Just don't buy her any clothes that say "princess" across the butt and we'll still be friends.

Kristen OQ said...

Have a great time -- I am going to now take a look at those pictures on flickr!

Safe travels...

Jennifer K said...

They do sell Low-Rise jeans at Baby Gap. I was floored when I saw them! Who buys stuff like that?
I am so jealous that you are going to the Zoe conference. I can't wait to hear about it. Hope you have fun!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I want my son dating some girl showing off her mid-section....that's pretty sketchy.

Cade and Kaitlyn....sounds like a match to me.

B Southern

Kate said...

I'm amazed that your 2-year old is such a fashion expert! She is so cute! Have fun at the Zoe conference!

Ashley said...

That is too much. I guess she knows from seeing your show your middrift that it is the way to dress! :) Just Kidding. That is too funny.

Nice job on the flicker thing. You are Kristin are way ahead of me!

Have fun in TN.

hejlyeah said...

Aw, little Kaitlyn. That made me laugh so hard!

swatterson said...

haha...I'm so glad a had a boy first!
She's so funny. :)

Sam said...

Gl;ad to hear that you guys are doing well, with the obvious exception of the racy kid.

Sam Jeffrey