Monday, October 17, 2005

Whew! I'm Tired!

What a weekend.... to say that I am tired is a HUGE understatement. We had so much fun - but I am beat! Here are the highlights:

* Friday night carnival on campus at ACU. So many fun things for kids - bounce houses, face painting, games, food... all free!! Kaitlyn was terrified of Willie the Wildcat. That was a funny picture.

* Our friends Andy and Amy Bowman came to stay with us Friday night! Amy turned our guest bedroom into a hospital. She was popping all sorts of pills, giving herself shots, hooking herself to some breathing machine.... good grief!! Stay healthy for that baby Amy!! We were so glad they stayed with us!




* Friday night Kaitlyn (after about 2 1/2 weeks) realized her fish, Gill wasn't in her room anymore. That totally took me off guard. She just asked, "Where did Gill go?" Amy chimed in - your daddy took him away. Nice. Kaitlyn just said, "Oh, okay."

* James enjoyed lots of "guy time" with his friends.

* Siggie breakfast at 6:30 Saturday morning. It was fun to see my cousin Brenna singing her little tired heart out on the steps. Only 4 girls were there from my class, but I hung out with all the girls that are a year or two older than me. Shout out to Amanda, Ginger, Becky, Sarah C., Kacy, Rene.....



* The parade around campus was great. Kaitlyn loved it. We taught her how to make the Wildcat sign with her hands and say, "Go Wildcats!" Pretty cute.

* It's always fun to walk around the parade and see tons of friends that you never get to see. It was such a pretty day - we had a blast out there. Siggies float was pretty dang cute - but Kojies won. Siggies got homecoming queen though! :)

* Saturday afternoon James went to his soccer game and I hung out at home with my Grandmother and my cousin Taylor. I even squeezed a 20 minute nap in while I was there. Later, Ashley and Cody Nelson came over to get ready for the 5 year reunion dinner. I love that girl!! She cracks me up. It was neat to get to chat with Cody for awhile too!

* The reunion dinner was fun. James has some WAY fun girls in his class that I got to hang out with. Another shout out to Jennifer, Shanta, Kacy, Katie, Kimberly.... We took some pretty funny pictures.




* When we got home, Kaitlyn was still awake. She was smiling so big and just kept saying, "I was born!! I was born on my birthday! I was born!..." Totally random, but pretty funny.

* Also, on Thursday night when I was giving Kaitlyn a bath she was counting 1-10... so out of the blue I just said, can you count to 10 in Spanish? We have been working on it just a little bit here and there - but nothing consistent. The girl just took off and said it perfectly. It was pretty funny. Now, everytime she counts anything - she counts in spanish.

*Church on Sunday was awesome as usual! Mike talked about blessed are those who are persecuted, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven. He showed this video of a married couple who were held captive for their belief for an entire year. The husband was eventually killed. She has just written a book about her time there. Just when I thought I had a lot to worry about....

* After church I got in the car and drove to Lubbock for a wedding shower of a girl that I grew up with. I saw some good friends that I had no idea would be there. So fun! After the shower my parents took me to Applebees for a nice dinner.

* After my dad picked a few nice apples off their apple tree for me, and cleaned the windows of my car, I was on my way home!

* I went straight to bed and am still trying to wake up.

* One of my roommates from college - Sara Hejl - had her baby on Sunday!!! Happy Birthday Cooper!!

It was a totally packed, but VERY fun weekend!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pics and details! Thank you for filling me in on what I missed.....the squig picture of your cousin cracked me up.....I mean why do they still make them wear those crazy/ugly outfits?!?! Ginger called me and the message was you guys singing "The Lord bless you and keep you" in chapel.....I loved it. Kaitlyn is just too funny- I love that she now celebrates the concept that "she was born"! Rest up- it sounds like you had a nonstop fun weekend.

Amy said...

Dude--I totally just posted about my "hospital room" before I even saw your blog! That's really funny! It was an awesome weekend--has lots of fun hanging out with y'all!

Jacinda said...

The squigs look so awesome! Well, maybe not awesome but it brings back lots of memories!

Shanta said...

It was a yummy time had by all. I had a blast with all the ladies! Thanks for being historian Leslie. I am so in love with Kaitlyn and those curls...There are so many "framer" shots in your slide show thing... She's growing so fast!

Kristen OQ said...

It looked like you had so much fun -- aren't homecoming at college great? But I was tired just reading about your weekend! You were one busy girl.

My question is: Did you end up getting a new outfit to wear? ha

Ashley said...

It was so great to ride with you to breakfast and then hanging out before the dinner. You guys are so awesome. Let me know next time you are here and we will go get something to eat! We might invite Amy and her headgear and we might not....

Sam said...

Mayo-

I added you to my links list because I admit that counting you and me, and my mom, there are two people who look at my blog. My links are the blogs that I like to check out regularly. What is a good e-mail address for you?

Sam said...

Mayo-

Honestly!?Jefferies!!!Honestly!? it is Jeffrey! that is the equivilent of me calling you James Relish or some other delicious condiment.

James M. said...

Sam,

I apologize 1000x. It was just a mental lapse. It has been amended. I will write-up that person.

Sam said...

no its JEF...never mind

Meredith said...

i feel like i was there last weekend! i hope to come next year!
arent you the popular one with 10 freakin comments!!!!
love you

7 second burp---i am so sure~

Becky Martin said...

I totally missed not being at good ole ACU so I love the play by play! Thanks for making me feel like I was there!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I got my name listed in two different places . . . nice. Seriously, excellent post and pics as always. You will always hold a special place in my heart from Siggie Serious basketball. And I am thrilled that you will always be present at class of 2000 events!!! It was great fun to see you last weekend. Don't ever stop posting what Kaitlyn says - she's a riot! Love y'all -