Tuesday, October 18, 2005

My little Scarecrow

Yesterday, Kaitlyn was quite the talkative little girl. When James got her from Rainbow School her face was all painted. She said that teacher Sheryl had made her a scarecrow. Later, I took Kaitlyn with me to the store. When we were in the frozen food aisle, I saw a mom with her 2 kids. Kaitlyn said, "Hi Robin!" (By the way, Robin was the boy. Random name for a boy, but oh well.) I introduced myself to his mom and asked her if his face was painted when she picked him up today. She said no.

On the way home I asked Kaitlyn if teacher Sheryl painted Robins face, and Kaitlyn - in her longest phrase yet, said "No. Robin is in the Bears class, he has Teacher Audra. I'm in the Ducks class -quack quack. I have teacher Sheryl. Sheryl only painted my face because I'm in the Ducks class - quack quack."

I about died laughing. You just had to hear the tone of her voice when she said it to get the full effect. But that girl cracks me up.

In the bath tub she just cried and cried when I washed her face. She just kept saying, "I want my scarecrow back...."

Maybe that's what she could be for halloween...

3 comments:

Shanta said...

That Kaitlyn...such a quacker. I'm a little jealous that I don't have a kid to dress silly for Halloween. I wonder if Ken will let me put him in that Humpy Dumpy get up...

poe said...

Hi. I have missed you too! I am replying, by the way, to all of your postings. Sorry, I haven't been keeping up lately. You look great in your pics!!! And, I think about you guys ALL of the time. One, I think about how smart Kaitlyn is (as I am comparing her to my child thinking Kaitlyn knew ALL of her colors already why can you only name four). Just kidding. I know your kid is just a brainiac and Lucy Anne is doing well herself. Two, I think and thank God for how happy you seem!!! Three, how awesome it is that you live 1 minute from your house. I know I have more thoughts about you than that, oh, like I just got my teeth ZOOMED! Thought you might want to know. Anyway, come see us anytime. We all miss you, James, and Kaitlyn very much!

Erica said...

Kaitlyn sounds like a funny little quacker to me. Maybe next time we come to town you will be there so we can see you all. I am sure whatever Kaitlyn is for Halloween it will be precious. Sounds like you had a lot of fun Homecoming weekend. You look great in all of the pictures...did you get a new outfit or two? Thanks for sharing the cute story and making me laugh.