Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I'm Back...

Sorry, I haven't posted in awhile! We had a busy weekend and I was out yesterday, so I am just now at a computer! Let's see...

Friday night we walked over to campus and ate dinner in the Bean Sprout. This is a restaurant-type setting on the bottom floor of the campus center. It is actually really good food, and really cheap! They have a big stage down there for concerts, and even a bowling alley. Kaitlyn loved running all over the stage. After dinner we took Kaitlyn to see Freshman Follies. (A production kind of like Sing Song, except on a MUCH smaller scale that just freshman put on) She loved it! It was actually pretty entertaining. They had free Dr. Pepper and 25 cent popcorn that we enjoyed throughout the show!

On Saturday morning we straightened up the house a bit and ran a few errands. I bought a pumpkin decorating kit for Kaitlyn. It came with paints, stickers, stencils (didn't so much use those) and even a small pumpkin. As soon as we got home she wanted to "paint her pumpkin." It looks pretty dang cute! I'll post pictures tonight.

My parents came in later that morning. I LOVE having them here. My dad is always looking for projects to do - and boy did he have plenty of them! Within 30 minutes of them arriving he had finished replacing the heating element on our drier. Yay! No more laundromat! The other big project was replacing two of our doors. Our bedroom door, and a closet door that is in our dining room. All of the interior doors are very old and just plain brown. So, I was ready for a change! So after much measuring, sawing, and painting, we have two brand new doors. It makes such a difference! Thanks Dad and James! I can't wait to replace the rest of them.

Mom and I had fun chasing Kaitlyn around. She is so much fun right now. (Besides her sleeping - or should I say Non-sleeping habits) She has such a funny personality, and it is so fun to just listen to her talk, sing, pray.... We are so incredibly blessed. I appreciate her life and our love for her more and more every day.

I have a new favorite snack! KETTLE CORN!! I was just introduced to this at work on Friday afternoon. It really is one of the greatest things in the world. Why did I not know about this until now?? I have been deprived for 26 years! I just went on and on about it.. so James bought me an $18 dollar box of it from some Boy Scouts that were selling it outside Walmart on Saturday. Too bad he forgot that we still don't have a microwave! But never fear..my cousin Brenna is near!!! (Okay, that was totally gay) One of her roommates moved out and left her microwave, so I took it! She'll never know....

Anything for my new favorite snack!

8 comments:

Amy said...

Ahhh...I miss Abilene!! The Sprout, Follies, strolling around campus, making out by the business building--it makes me homesick for ACU! Andy can't manage to return phone calls these days but we'd love to stay with y'all Friday night for homecoming--it'll be so much fun! I can't wait to hang with Kaitlyn! I stopped by a garage sale across from your parent's house on Saturday--random!

Shanta said...

You have the sweetest and most sincere posts. I'm so happy you love being a mommy. There is a short list of people that I wish I had known better in college while I was there. You are TOP of the list!

James M. said...

Just to follow up with both Amy and Shanta's post.

No making out at the business building with a two year old and I agree Leslie is one of those girls I wish I got to know better in college too.

Ashley said...

I love it. You guys are the cute little families we used to watch in college. I love it. I am excited about seeing you during Homecoming weekend.

Kristen OQ said...

I love kettle korn too -- it is delicious! We buy it in a huge box at Sams. I am so glad that you know about this yummy treat.

Becky Martin said...

I totally agree about kettle corn. It's the perfect snack...a little sweet and a little salty all in one bite! I also miss doing the ACU crawl, from one cool thing to the next all at your fingertips on campus - and cheap!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see you this weekend- where are you staying? Email me details....... I've never tried kettle corn, so I guess that I should!

Jennifer K said...

The best kettle corn is the Orville Redinbaucher (sp?) 94% fat free...it tastes amazing! With no guilt! With guilt, try it with Milk Duds...oh my! I eat it all the time!