Thursday, October 27, 2005

Ramblings

I have enjoyed reading everyone's comments, and seeing who stops my to read about what is going on in our lives.

I have severe "bloggers block" as Kristen once called it. I can't think of anything interesting to write about, and I haven't taken any new pictures lately. I guess I'll just list a few things that are going on...

1. It's POURING down rain. I love the rain!

2. Kaitlyn has somehow made it into our bed every night for the past 2 weeks. We just wake up in the morning and she's there with whatever stuffed animal or toy that she brings.

3. I still have not bought a Halloween costume for Kaitlyn. My next opportunity is tomorrow during lunch. I hope there is still somewhat of a selection! I doubt it though...

4. Friday night James and I are going to the much anticipated Abilene High/Cooper football game. It's already sold out... West Texas football is so much fun!

5. I went to church by myself last night so Kaitlyn could go to be early.. she only had about a 45 minute nap at school. (I guess that is what you get when you have a Fall party with lots of sweets right before nap time) But, when I got home she was still awake, so I went into her room to lay down with her for a little bit. She is always so talkative late at night. This was our conversation - not really funny, but just sweet:

"You went to church Mommy?"
"Yes, I did."
"You sang songs?"
"Yes."
"You read your bible?"
"Yes."
"Did you see Jesus?"
Totally choking back tears, "Well, Jesus lives in our hearts, but I saw a picture of Jesus, and we talked about Jesus."
"Oh. Okay. Did you sit in your chair?"
"Yes."
"Did you see Scott and Canyon and Teacher Sheryl?"
"No, but I saw a lot of other people."
"Okay. Bye. Bye."

So sweet... I love this time in her life where she talks so much, and asks so many questions! I'm afraid of the day when I don't know how to answer a question that I should know the answer to.

Why God thought I deserved Kaitlyn is beyond me. There is no greater blessing!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

I love to hear about little conversations like that....Kaitlyn is such a sweet girl!

Sam said...

I agree with Jody. So long as it is cogent, insightful, sweet, funny and truly meets me where I am at this point in my life, I don't care what you write.

hejlyeah said...

I love you blog too! I miss you girl.