Wednesday, October 19, 2005

She keeps growing and growing....

So, today is picture day. I took Kaitlyn out last night to try and find her 2 cute outfits. Yes two. They take group pictures today and tomorrow to accomodate for both the MWF kids and the TR kids.

This is the first time I have actually taken Kaitlyn into the dressing room to try on clothes. It's been awhile since I have bought her any, so I thought we had better make sure they fit. She has always had a very long body and short legs, so I grabbed some 2T and 3T pants. I literally could not even pull them up and once I did they were way too short. I was sweating trying to pull them up on her, and she is CRACKING UP. I was thinking, what girl starts laughing when she can't pull her pants up all the way b/c they are too tight? I mean, Kaitlyn thought this was the funniest thing ever. She had the full blown belly laugh going. I'll remind her of that about 20 years down the road when she goes to try on clothes.

I finally got 2 sweet outfits with size 4T pants. I also found her some cute shoes that will hopefully replace the Hello Kitty plastic rainboots that she wears EVERYWHERE now.

Now, if Ms. Sheryl can just keep her clip in her hair until the picture has been taken....

10 comments:

Unknown said...

She is such a cutie- I'm dying to meet her little personality! Cherish those giggly moments because you know when she is a teenager shopping sprees will be stress-city!

Shanta said...

I laugh when this happens to me in the dressing room too. Then I cry. Oh for the days of 4T...

Jacinda said...

I have such a problem with Gracie. She's 5 and lots of the 5T stuff is way too big in her waist but some of the 4T stuff gets too short after a few washings!

Oh, don't I wish for such a small waist problem!!!!

hollyfouts said...

Poor Avery needs a 4T for the waist, but then I have to get everything hemmed. I miss watching Kaitlyn grow!

Kristen OQ said...

I have never taken Sam in the dressing room to try on anything -- I don't think he would cooperate with that for some reason. Maybe it is because he is a boy? I just buy, try it on at home when he is in the mood, and take it back if it doesn't fit.

You are going to have a tall model on your hands -- she is growing up so fast and is such a cute little girl.

Alyssa said...

I love thinking about Kaitlyn in the dressing room. That is really cute! She is just a precious little girl, and Lauren and I can totally relate with the "too short" pants saga.
I can't to see her again in person!

Erica said...

I wish I could laugh when I am in the dressing room. I hope Kaitlyn always has that ability too. We look forward to seeing pictures soon. I am sure the pictures will be adorable!!

poe said...

I was just looking at the little girls in my house today, thinking, wouldn't it be nice to go back to the thought process that I could care less about my rolls and my pot-belly (is that how you say that or spell it?), to just eat hot dogs and mac&cheese everyday of my life, and to scream and cry until I get a cookie in my mouth. Also, to be happy as a lark running around nude with anybody and everybody watching and they still think I'm cute. To get totally theological on you . . . I guess that's what God wants when He says "be like the children" and why Adam and Eve were ashamed when they "noticed" they were naked. It's all a mind-set. Okay, sorry, for total random-thought. Either way, I was cracking up out loud as I was reading this!

)

Amy said...

You should have called me--I'm sure the length of my pants would have been just right!

Ashley said...

Girl, haven't we all been there. I don't know whether to pray Carley gets my long legs or Cody's short legs. He actually uses the cuff in pants to make them shorter instead of me, who always makes my mom let it out so they will be longer.

She is on her way to supermodel status....