Wednesday, October 12, 2005

No Tears from Kaitlyn!

So, yesterday Kaitlyn and I went to watch James's soccer practice. It was perfect weather outside! Kaitlyn usually does really good and just runs around a plays with whatever kid feels like playing with her. I was keeping a good eye on her while I was talking with one of the moms that was there when I noticed her laying down in the grass. She would lay down, sit up, lay down, sit up. Strange, but Kaitlyn does weird things sometimes. She started walking toward me just staring at her hands and kind of walking funny. When she got to me I noticed that she was COVERED in fire ants. The girl was not crying at all, just watching the ants crawl all over her. Me and this other mom start freaking out, stripping her clothes off and swatting them off of her. By the time it was over she had no less than 20 bites all over her back, tummy and in between all of her little fingers. This mom that was helping me just happened to have Benadryl cream in her bag. The bites look much better today, but her little hands are still kind of swollen. Poor girl!

7 comments:

hejlyeah said...

Man! You guys can't catch a break lately. What a tough little girl though - I would totally be crying.

Amy said...

Wow--she's my hero! I would have completely freaked out! She's so awesome!

hollyfouts said...

This summer Avery sat in an ant bed in our neighborhood. She was screaming. I stripped her down to nothing except her hair bow, put her in the stroller and RAN home. Then I hosed her down in the back yard. She had bites all over her legs, feet, and butt. All of the poison made her throw up that night. Bad experience!

leslie said...

Holly - yikes. I'm glad Kaitlyn did not have that kind of reaction!

Erica said...

Poor sweet girl! I am so sorry to hear about the ants. Why do our children choose the weirdest times to not cry?

Jennifer K said...

I am glad she is okay!! She is a tough chick!

Unknown said...

Bless her little heart! That girl is going to be one tough cookie.....and an awesome athlete too! I love the new pictures of her you uploaded- she cracks me up!