Thursday, September 08, 2005

4 Years and Counting....

Well, today is James and I's 4 year anniversary. September 8th. That's the day Mark McGuire hit his 62nd homerun - and that was the day James suggested we get married. Hey - whatever helps him remember the day is fine with me! We've lived in four places in four years - and I can finally say that I think we are where we are supposed to be. I'm pretty sure James would agree that we are the happiest we have ever been in our marriage. I'm proud of James as a husband, father and as the main support for our family. I'm so proud that he chose to go to ACU, and chose to have a relationship with God. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with him!

-------------

Kaitlyn is in a "growling" phase. She literally growls like a lion when she is upset or doesn't want to do something. James kind of thinks it's cute - but I can not stand it. I got growled at like 10 times this morning. She started crying at 4:00AM, so I went in there to see what she needed. She growled at me and said, "Not you! Daddy!" It kind of hurt my feeling for a second - until I realized that it meant I got to go back to bed! James graciously took care of it for me. They were both asleep on separate couches when I got up this morning.

----------------

I am not a fan of the Health Department. I remember having to go there when I was little to get a shot, and I did not like it. Well, Kaitlyn had to go there on Tuesday. Rainbow school required her to get a Hep. A vaccine. We haven't been "established" with a pediatrician yet, and my PCP does not give that particular shot. So, James had the fun job of taking her to the Health Department. (They closed at 4:00, and I had to work until 5:00, so I couldn't go) James said the saddest part was before she even went into the room she said, "I'm scared." Just go ahead and rip my heart out of my chest. AND, being the awesome, responsible mother I am, Kaitlyn had to get not one, but three shots b/c she was behind on the final dose of 2 other vaccines.
By the time she talked to me from the car, she just kept telling me, "I'm okay, I'm okay." Sweet girl.... But no more shots until she's 4. I'm sure that's when the real battles begin.

No comments: