Monday, September 05, 2005

A Very Restful Weekend

Well, here I am at work on Labor Day. ACU is in session, therefore I am at my desk trying to get motivated to do something productive. This is as productive as I am going to get I'm afraid.

We had a fun, relaxing weekend in Lubbock. Kaitlyn is still there since James and I both have to work. We are meeting my parents halfway tonight to pick her up. Kaitlyn LOVES going to Lubbock, so she was not sad at all to have to stay there without us.







On Saturday I took my mom to see Must Love Dogs. It's a pretty cute show. I love going to the movies and it seems we only go in Lubbock when we have a free babysitter! So, Saturday night James and I took advantage of it again and went and saw Red Eye. It was really good. Suspenseful for sure! Saturday afternoon/early evening we celebrated my moms birthday with my parents best friends and their grandson, Connor. It was fun watching Kaitlyn and Connor play together. He is a cutie!

Funny story: Let me first preface this story by saying that Connor had a really bad diaper rash and Kaitlyn was witness to him crying and getting upset when he was getting his diaper changed. Anyway, when Kaitlyn woke up on Sunday morning, she went into my parents bedroom to wake them up. They have a pillow on their bed that has some "saying" on it. Kaitlyn started pointing out the different letters and said, "F, G, S, K.... That spells Connors bottom hurts." We thought that was pretty funny!

Happy Labor Day....I hope all of you non-working people have fun today!

5 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

That stinks that you have to work! ugh...not good! We are having a cookout tonight and wish you were here for it. Happy Labor Day. (I love the pictures of Kaitlyn on the monkey bars and the skates!)

MereMoore said...

Ahh, Kaitlyn is so cute! I can totally hear her saying that about Conner! Wish you were here but I'm glad you had a fun weekend in Lubbock and I know your parents LOVED having K. Miss you...

MereMoore said...

oh and what is up with your mom's cake? did K knock it over?? :)

Anonymous said...

Umm, it kind of melted. Oops. It still tasted good though! I miss you Meredith! One of needs to call the other very, very soon!!

Anonymous said...

Why is my comment showing up as Anonymous? I'm so sure. It's Leslie, I promise.