Thursday, September 22, 2005

Last Night

So, last night before we began eating dinner we say a prayer. Kaitlyn usually says the prayer, or is really good about holding our hands and being still while one of us says it. Last night, I guess she was just starving. James had barely even begun the prayer and Kaitlyn just says, "Okay, Amen," and lets go of our hands and starts eating. That girl.... We had to go get introduced and prayed over at an elders meeting last night (standard for placing membership) - and I was sooo worried that Kaitlyn was going to do that again. But, she remained calm, thank goodness.

Kristen already posted about the amazing Lost episode last night, so I won't say much about that - except that it was AWESOME. I'm so glad my shows are back on!!

Last night at church we talked about being a "missional" church. Mike Cope played a song by ZOE that is on their new CD, and I thought I would share some of the words.

Live in our hearts, fill this body.
Stir our spirits, help us serve.
Walk with our feet to the hurting.
Let us be You, revive your church!
Let us be You on this earth.
Let us be You when a wounded soul cries out for hope.
Let us be You when the lonely need to know they're not alone.
Just as Your stars pierce through the night, let us forever shine Your light.
Let us be You on this earth.

It was a good reminder that not just as a church, but as Christians, we are called to be like Jesus while we are here on earth. Though we may not be missionaries in another country, we are called to serve and reach out to others during our short time here.

Anyway, the CD is really good for any of you that are fans of ZOE.

Oh, by the way - "JB" that posted the calorie content of slushies comment the other day is none other than my mother-in-law!!! She said she was not meant to be ugly, she just thought they sounded good, so she looked it up to see how bad it was. She said, "Burst my bubble! I have to stick to the Diet Limeaid!" I just thought that was funny. Thanks June! :)

2 comments:

James M. said...

That was an entertaining evening. Also some news we found ouot yesterday is that the infamous JB that posted the silly nutrition stats on the post before this. JB, I think we know who you are.

Leslie called and told me yesterday that JB was none other than my Mom. We laughed a good hard time at that. She normally posts as Jamie's Mom (if anyone calls me that besides her or people I met prior to my second semester in college, we will have words)but changed it up this time. Sorry Mom, I love you. And no she doesn't normally get the small.

Alyssa said...

I miss Highland so much! I know you guys love being there! What a wonderful place for Kaitlyn to grow up in :)

i am so excited about Alias next week. is it for sure that they are killing vaughn off? i need more info on this, please.....