Monday, September 26, 2005

Weekend and Pictures

We had a fun and relaxing weekend! No big plans, we didn't go out of town, no one was here. We just hung out. It was great! The balloon festival was in town and we were planning on going on Saturday. However, Friday night sounded better instead. It was so much fun! They had a ton of fun things for kids to do: inflatable bouncy things, a HUGE inflatable slide that Kaitlyn absolutely loved, pony rides, yummy food, live music, and of course hot air balloons. The balloons didn't lift off until Saturday and Sunday, but we got to watch them inflate on Friday night. It was really pretty seeing like 5 balloons in front of a West Texas sunset!


On Saturday James coached his Butterflies again. They got stomped by this team of 4 year old's that had to have been on steroids. They were monsterous, and so fast! James's girls hung in there though, and we later learned that we are the first team that hasn't just quit on them yet this season! Alright!!Saturday afternoon while James and K took naps, I caught up on Oprah and Ellen that I had Tivoed. (sp?) I later regreted not taking a nap though. Oh well. We didn't do much on Saturday night. Just hung out and had dinner at home, did some laundry, Kaitlyn watched some of Toy Story, and off to bed we went.


Another good Sunday at Highland. Our class is reading The Sacred Marriage right now. It's a really awesome book - I recommend it! It's not your typical "How-To" book. It's more just like, this is how it is. Anyway.... last night I went to the movies with 4 fun girls from church. We were deciding between Just Like Heaven or Flight Plan, and saw Flight Plan. Save your money. It was great getting to go out though!


I got my camera back and my computer working, so here are quite a few pictures for your viewing enjoyment!

I've been trying for 30 minutes to try and arrange these pictures differently. It's not letting me change the size of them...therefore all of my links to the right side are all the way down at the bottom. This is insane. I'm about to drop kick my computer across the room. Anyway, enjoy the enormous pictures b/c I'm tired of dealing with it!

Hanging out in the Christmas closet. (She put the bow on herself)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Kaitlyn leading the pack through the tunnell!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



James tying their shoes....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



At the balloon festival...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Going down the enormous slide all by herself! (After going like 3 times with Mommy)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Chowin' down!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Sweet Tucker. (That was the pony's name) Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Does this thing go any faster?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



My sweet girl.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures! Why can't we all move to West Texas?!?!?

swatterson said...

great pictures! sounds like an awesome weekend. Watch out for those 4-year-old on steroids! You look great, by the way!

Shanta said...

Hey Mom-of-the year! Your sweet Kaitlyn is adorable and apparently as much of a ham for the camera as her parents! Looks like a perfect weekend! geez- that word verification bit really makes me have to concentrate!

Amy said...

Kaitlyn is SO awesome! I agree with Shanty on the word verification--this is my second try. I guess I got the first one wrong!

Kate said...

Such sweet pictures! Kaitlyn cracks me up...what a cute girl! I'm glad ya'll had a fun and relaxing weekend!

Kristen OQ said...

Those are really cute pictures -- sounds like you had enjoyable, relaxing weekend.

In movie news, definitely go see Just like Heaven. I loved it.

hejlyeah said...

Awwww! Let's all move there! Good idea! So cute. You look like such a fun mommy with Kaitlyn.

Ashley said...

What cuties! I just love it! She is getting so big! James is really growing up too... :)