Thursday, September 15, 2005

Golf

Well, I played my first round of golf yesterday. An entire 18 holes!! I am so sunburned and sore it's not EVEN funny. Our office was closed yesterday for "Admissions Fun Day." We all went and did fun stuff with each other to celebrate ending another enrollment year. So, those who chose to play entered in a Scramble tournament - and those who didn't play rode around in "spectator" carts and cheered for the ones like me who needed a little encouragement. I was one of 4 girls that chose to play. (If there is any kind of athletic event involved...I'm not one to sit around.) Anyway, my team was really fun...we got last place, but we had a good time doing it! I even hit a shot out of the sand pit! Or is it called a bunker? I have no idea. Anyway, I look forward to playing again sometime. I was so exhausted though. I could have easily quit after 9 holes. I don't know how the pros walk the entire course either. That is just insane.

Anyway - back to the real world, I'm here at work. I will now proceed to read all of the blogs that I daily frequent. I feel so out of the loop having missed an entire day!

(By the way - did anyone else notice that Brandon Scott Thomas commented on my blog? How awesome is that? I don't even know him - I feel like he is a celebrity!) BST - if you are reading this, thanks for stopping by! I look forward to maybe meeting you in October at the Zoe conference. Also, I used to work with Stephen Bailey at Reel FX. So, we have a mutual friend.

One more day until Friday!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's BST?

Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry Brandon. Leslie just told me who you are! Sing on!

leslie said...

Sing on? Mom. Seriously. You crack me up.

hollyfouts said...

Congrats on the golf! I have never played more than one hole. The course where Lane and my dad play on Saturday mornings does not allow women on the course until after 1 pm on Saturdays. Probably for the best--Lane and I don't compete well together.

leslie said...

Holly - that is total discrimination!Women have specific times on the course? Whatever. I'm so sure.

Erica said...

I have never played golf. I do like to drive the cart though. Kudos for trying a new sport!!

Kristen OQ said...

I have never played golf either -- although I took a golf class in college, but only because some really cute guys were taking it with me. Of course, I nearly failed it -- my worst grade in all of my college courses. How sad is that?

Becky Martin said...

I took the golf class at ACU and hadn't played until this Spring with some of the high school kids. I actually didn't totally embarras myself and I wouldn't mind playing again. I understand the soreness...you wouldn't think it was that tough!