Friday, September 16, 2005

Kaitlyn Stories

I don't have much to post on this much awaited Friday.... so I thought I would just share a few funny things Kaitlyn has said this past week:

1. Anytime you ask her what time it is, or if she hears the bell tower at ACU ring, she says, "It's 45 o'clock!"

2. She has really been interested in her bible this week. It's the bible that the Prestoncrest elders gave as a gift when she was born. Those of you who are familiar with this know that the pictures aren't that great - they are really detailed...anyway - she is obsessed with any picture that has someone hurt, laying down, sick, etc. She always asks, "What's that little guy doing?" She will just stare at the pictures for ever. James was trying to get her to go to bed the other night and she said, "No! I'm reading my bible!" How do you compete with that argument?

3. When she was eating dinner two nights ago she just said, "Mmmmm, I'm healthy."

4. For her birthday, my parents gave her a plastic set of golf clubs. My mom told her what each one was: The driver, the iron, and the putter. That was quite awhile ago, but the other night when she was playing with them she said (as she handed them to me) "Here is the putter.... Here is the driver..... and here is the iron!!" James was especially impressed.

5. She's been getting out of her bed almost every night and coming into our room saying, in the most pitiful voice, "I"m scared." Right. Somehow, she is not scared enough to walk back through a pitch black dark house to get her stuffed animals and bring them to our room. Over, and over again. Time for a lock on her door I guess.

I guess that's all I can think of right now. I can not begin to imagine my life without Kaitlyn. I can't even think of the right words to express my love for her. So, I won't even try.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend! Have fun at Bunko tonight, Dallas girls!

7 comments:

Shanta said...

Awww... you ar such a sweet mommy. Kaitlyn is so lucky to have you Mrs. Mayo. I love your details of her sayings.... make sure you print all your posts out and save them for her.

James M. said...

When Leslie put the post abouot her getting out of bed, she forgot to mention that she is in her crib and has been climbing in and out of it for weeks. The night before Kaitlyn began coming into our room, I mentioned the fact that she can climb in and out of her crib during the day, but it was nice she never did it at night.

Moving forward, when I heard her footsteps walking through the house, I must admit I thought someone was in the house until her familiar patter of small steps eased my mind. If we don't but a lock on her maybe some bells would be nice.

Amy said...

Laughing out loud--Kaitlyn is one of the most unique & hilarious kids I know--you must laugh all day! I just remember when y'all were here in LBB at Bahama Bucks and she was pooping and said, "It's stuck!" Man, what a cool kid! I hope Andy & I are great parents like you & James! By the way, I didn't realize that they made 4-ft-long cribs! May be time to invest in a California king for her!

Kristen OQ said...

We will miss you tonight as usual. As for the Kaitlyn stories -- hilarious. I wish she was able to come over and play with Sam & Avery for the day...I have a feeling I would be rolling on the ground laughing at their antics together.

I remember the first time Sam came to our room. It was the middle of the night this spring and he didn't say anything. He was just staring at me on my side of the bed. I must have woken up because I felt like someone was looking at me...I jumped about 2 feet off our bed -- it had scared me to death. Now he comes in every morning when he is ready to get up (I am always much happier when that time is after 7:00 am!)

MereMoore said...

LOVE her! I swear she is so smart. it was SO great talking to you last night and i REALLY wish you were going to be at bunko-even though we won't play!

Ashley said...

I love it! I hope we see you guys at homecoming. (you know it is the big 5-year for James and me) She is too much. I need advice for raising girls, especially smart and tall ones.....

Alyssa said...

I totally agree with the idea of the Alias and Lost blog that you posted in my comments.... i can't WAIT for next week!

I miss you, James, and Kaitlyn so much! I am always glad to hear new Kaitlyn stories- she is so fun!