Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A Few Things That I Love

I couldn't really think of anything to post today. James is out of town for work until tonight. Kaitlyn slept in my bed with me last night. I'm a sucker. It was really sweet though. We laid down, watched one episode of the Wiggles. Then I turned off the TV and she said her prayers - always remembering to pray for bears and ponies. Random, but she always says that. Then she just said, "Night, momma," and rolled over and went to sleep. She has my heart, that Kaitlyn.

I thought I would just share a few thing that I absolutely love:

1. Strawberry/Pina Colada slushies with extra FRESH strawberries from Sonic.
2. Vanilla Dr. Pepper from Sonic.
3. Holding a newborn baby.
4. Traveling
5. Going to the movies
6. Olive Garden
7. York Peppermint patties
8. Reading blogs!
9. Listening to Kaitlyn laugh.
10. Highland
11. Seeing old friends that I haven't seen in a long time.
12. Alias
13. Sleeping late
14. Mexican food.
15. James
16. Christmas
17. Taking pictures.
18. My Ipod shuffle.
19. Music
20. Shopping
21. New socks!
22. Singing at church.
23. Candles.
24. Sno cones in the summer
25. Peppermint hot chocolate in the winter.
26. Scary movies.
27. Reading magazines.
28. Brownies!
29. Watching gymnastics on TV.
30. Laughing.

15 comments:

hollyfouts said...

Poor James! Sonic drinks and blogs both made it higher on the list than your sweet hubby. At least he came in several spots higher than new socks!
I just love kids' prayers....what would the world be without bears and ponies?

leslie said...

Let me clarify - these are listed in no particular order. :)

James M. said...

yeah, they better not be, #15, I can do better.

I'll be home sweety as soon as these restaurants get their fill of all the wonderful products Sysco has to offer.

MereMoore said...

I am so with you on the new socks!! Your list was great~We all know you love James :)

swatterson said...

Bears and Ponies huh? That's so funny. Love the list. I need to do something like that.

Shanta said...

This was one of my favorite of your entries. I love Kaitlyn too! And James too... Did you ever take Life Learning Skills with Prof. Tate? He always made us start the morning by writing a list of 10 things we were thankful for that day. I had the class at like 7:40 in the am, and it was hard to think of things that early, but it's good practice to give GLORY where its due. Keep it up Leslie!

leslie said...

Shanta- I never took that class but I always heard good things about it.

hejlyeah said...

Awww ... number one takes me back! Is it weird that I still can't believe we're all mommies?

Unknown said...

Oooooh- good ones! I haven't jumped on the Alias band-wagon yet due to my love for reality tv, but it may have to happen this season.....she was cute with her preggo self at the Emmy's!

Anonymous said...

In case you're interested here are the calorie counts on Strawberry slushes ...
sm - 227 cal
reg - 334 cal
lg - 531 cal
Rte 66 - 728 cal
Somehow I didn't think you were getting the small one...

leslie said...

Who are you JB? And why do you think it is necessary to share that information? I go for the regular.

Ashley said...

I noticed "Lubbock" was not on the list.

And Shanta Jean, I loved that about Willard Tate's class. "Within me lies the power, I believe in my dreams..."

Jennifer K said...

Who is the jb person? Why do they have to kill our love for Strawberry slushes? Oh well, I still love Sonic anything.

I love your list. Kaitlyn cracks me up!

Becky Martin said...

I would have to say that the tops of my list would be drinks from Sonic too. We went there Sunday after chuch and I Sonic sized my vanilla diet coke but they didn't hear that and I just got the regular size...major dissappointment!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I noticed Lubbock wasn't it there either. I guess happiness IS Lubbock,Texas in your rearview mirror!