Monday, September 19, 2005

Random Weekend

Let's see.... Friday night I had BIG plans to go and observe my cousin Brenna in her bid-night activities. That did not so much happen b/c our drier went out and we had a TON of laundry to do. When I say a ton, I am talking like at least 10 loads. I've been a little lazy lately. So off I go at 8:30 at night to the Laundromat. There are some classy people that hang out up there, let me tell ya. I was a little afraid. I spent $23.00 on laundry. Awesome. So much for my cajun cone quarters. But, hey - getting 10 loads done in an hour and half isn't so bad! I even played a game of Pac-man while I waited.

Saturday morning Kaitlyn and I got up and headed to Midland to help my brother move. We had some of his stuff at our house that we needed to take to him. This is the first time Neil has lived alone, and he seemed pretty excited about it. We got him all settled in and even took him to Target and bought some "necessity" items. Does everyone know how much I LOVE Target? It's one of my favorite stores. Kaitlyn especially loved the Halloween section. She was obsessed with all things scary. I tried a Care Bear costume on her, but she didn't seem to like it too much. We did buy her a green, sparkly pumpkin that lights up. She slept with it last night. She named it Jack.

We didn't get back home until after mid-night Saturday night. So, no church for us on Sunday. In fact, I didn't even leave the house! We all took super long naps, watched some football, ate a good dinner, and cleaned up the house a bit. James took Kaitlyn to the mall for a little while so that I could get some cleaning done a little easier. Last night I watched the Emmy's in it's entirety. I love awards shows. I was pretty excited that JJ Abrams won for Lost... but too bad Jennifer Garner didn't pull through on Alias. Oh well, last season was horrible anyway.

Okay - enough rambling. Hope everyone has a good Monday!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love coming around to read about the weekend! It's always got something interesting going on, and I can picture most of it. Anyway, glad you had a good weekend. Thank you for everything.. if it weren't for you I wouldn't be where I am today. Have a great week!!

Katie

swatterson said...

$23 for laundry?!!! wow! I bet you're ready to get that drier fixed!

Ah...cajun cones! mmmmm...that brings back yummy memories. :)

So is Brenna a Siggie?...or did she decide to go with another club?

Go see my cousin Holly and my second cousin Boone for me!

hejlyeah said...

Yeah, I agree on the alias comment. Hope it gets better this season!

Becky Martin said...

A lot of the folks I work with keep talking about how great laundromats are because you can get all the laundry done at the same time. I kind of miss the dorm laundry rooms...four loads at once, not bad!

I remembered that Friday was Bid Night...how long ago does that seem!

MereMoore said...

OH but jennifer looked so cute with that belly! if only her accessory was Vaughn and not her stupid husband Ben! ughh!! can't wait til Thursday!

Ashley said...

Please, please, please tell me you are looking into becoming a Siggie Sponsor. Nothing would make me happier than the girls in the yellow skirts being mentored by you! PLEASE tell me this is a thought. All the other clubs have some cool, young sponsors. (Not to know McCaleb, Griggs, Ezzell, and Bobbie.....can't remember her last name) Maybe sponsors have changed in the past 5 years, butyou just have to do it. You would be such a great example to them and your blogs about Club on Wednesday nights would crack me up. If you do it, I will sing "When A Siggie Girl" for you. Come on.....

Thanks for enjoying my comment on Bowmanwest as well. I am glad to know someone in cyber space thinks I am funny.

Ash

Jacinda said...

I just have to comment because I keep seeing all the references to Siggies. I was one "once upon a time." I feel really old....I graduated in '95. I do have fond memories, though! I remember being so scared at egg burial. Is that still going on? And Ashley....it was Bobbie Dickson, was't it?

Ashley said...

DICKSON! Good call, my sister Alyssa would have been a sophomore then. Alyssa Core...Anyway, don't feel old. Nice work on good old Bobbie. I am just a stupid Sqiug....